The beauty of it all...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2011, 04:04 PM
The beauty of it all...
Just 11 weeks ago she haven't even breathed one atom of oxygen...
[Image: 5648110.jpg]
Today she sat on my arm, interestingly examining the leaves of the Tilia tree in our garden with her big blue eyes, the same color as her mothers. The green leaves contrasted with the blue/white of the sky. A cuckoo mocking us in the distance while the smell of the freshly cut grass tingled my nose. Silently, I hoped that she will soon understand the incredible perspective we have on the world as humans, and that she would be better then me in in conveying that message. The day slowly gave way for the night like it did so for the last millions of years...

I hope I am right about this atheism thing...
I'd hate to upset a creature that gave me all this beauty...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2011, 03:15 PM
RE: The beauty of it all...
(13-05-2011 04:04 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
I hope I am right about this atheism thing...
I'd hate to upset a creature that gave me all this beauty...

The creature(s) who gave you this beautiful girl (and she is beautiful, by the way) are you and your wife (though mostly your wife Wink). So don't upset her! Or yourself for that matter Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
[+] 1 user Likes SecularStudent's post
14-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I understand that beauty is but in the eye of the beholder but...
This is so... so... incomprehensible... Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-05-2011, 03:42 PM
My oldest son turned 10 on May 1 and my youngest turned 8 on April 26. After being a father for the past decade I can tell you this with absolute certainty: it only gets better. There are certainly ups and downs, there are some scary things that can happen along the way and there are times you will be so angry with her you will barely be able to contain yourself. But, all in all, there is not one thing about having my kids that I regret, not even a little bit.

You'll find something to enjoy about her at every age but she will change faster than you can imagine, so enjoy each stage as it is happening. I can't believe I have a 10 year old. My sister has 2 kids and the oldest starts high school in the fall. Life just goes by really, really fast. My parents still can't believe that I'm 42 and my sister is 45, much less that they have four great grand children.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. " - Ferris Bueller.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The beauty of life without religion Sceptical Prophet 6 682 24-02-2013 02:44 AM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
Star Life, love and the beauty of reality... pxlgirl 1 202 20-02-2013 01:21 PM
Last Post: Full Circle