The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 06:00 PM

RE: The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.
(31-01-2012 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Egor. Man. I could hang out with you if you were like this more often. I guess now there'll be the obligatory "poor sonofabitch going to hell" post to establish that you haven't really lost hope of converting me...

I'm like that all the time. You all don't get it. Not that I'm not serious about the heavenly beach party with atheist on the Bar-be, but the fact is, I don't get upset about this stuff. I'm going to heaven. Don't forget: I don't need proof of God or Jesus Christ--you do.

So I'm the guy who repeatedly slams a guy's head down on the bar, all the while I'm paying for his drinks. When you deal with me, you get both sides of the coin. Make 'em convert if it kills 'em I always say. Angel
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.
Who are you and how did you hack Egor's account?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2012, 06:03 PM
(31-01-2012 06:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-01-2012 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Egor. Man. I could hang out with you if you were like this more often. I guess now there'll be the obligatory "poor sonofabitch going to hell" post to establish that you haven't really lost hope of converting me...

I'm like that all the time. You all don't get it. Not that I'm not serious about the heavenly beach party with atheist on the Bar-be, but the fact is, I don't get upset about this stuff. I'm going to heaven. Don't forget: I don't need proof of God or Jesus Christ--you do.

So I'm the guy who repeatedly slams a guy's head down on the bar, all the while I'm paying for his drinks. When you deal with me, you get both sides of the coin. Make 'em convert if it kills 'em I always say. Angel

We want proof, quite frankly no one really needs your religion. Atheists, pagans, are proof of that. If you don't want your religion to die out and be taught as a myth like all of the others, you need to give proof.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
31-01-2012, 06:03 PM

(31-01-2012 04:52 PM)Jakel Wrote:  Egor's next blog article will probably be something like “Should we hate the 9/11 terrorists?". In it, we discover that he envies the terrorists for their determination, and a couple of weeks after that, he's ugly face is on every fucking front page in the world for some terrible shit done in the name of god... I have my money on something involving martial arts, a sword and an explosive vest.

See what I mean, Morondog? Some people with concrete for brains just don't get it.

I got a hell of a sense of humor! Angry
(31-01-2012 06:03 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  We want proof, quite frankly no one really needs your religion. Atheists, pagans, are proof of that. If you don't want your religion to die out and be taught as a myth like all of the others, you need to give proof.

Hey kid, let me let you in on a little secret. Between 14 and 30 just about everyone ignores God. They have to or they won't date, get married and have kids, hopefully in that order. God made it that way. It's why you have the lowest mortality stats.

Trust me, you don't need proof. Just...go out and do whatever it is you think will make you happy. We'll talk in 15 years or so.
31-01-2012, 06:10 PM
(31-01-2012 06:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  I got a hell of a sense of humor! Angry
(31-01-2012 06:03 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  We want proof, quite frankly no one really needs your religion. Atheists, pagans, are proof of that. If you don't want your religion to die out and be taught as a myth like all of the others, you need to give proof.

Hey kid, let me let you in on a little secret. Between 14 and 30 just about everyone ignores God. They have to or they won't date, get married and have kids, hopefully in that order. God made it that way. It's why you have the lowest mortality stats.

Trust me, you don't need proof. Just...go out and do whatever it is you think will make you happy. We'll talk in 15 years or so.

Hey kiddie, you don't know me. Stop making unaccurate assumptions on what you "think" you know about me.

I'm dating, I hope to get married. Atheists marry, hell, some even married Christians. Apparently, God doesn't do his work correctly to your standards. ; )

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
01-02-2012, 04:44 AM
(31-01-2012 06:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-01-2012 04:52 PM)Jakel Wrote:  Egor's next blog article will probably be something like “Should we hate the 9/11 terrorists?". In it, we discover that he envies the terrorists for their determination, and a couple of weeks after that, he's ugly face is on every fucking front page in the world for some terrible shit done in the name of god... I have my money on something involving martial arts, a sword and an explosive vest.

See what I mean, Morondog? Some people with concrete for brains just don't get it.

I thought you said you had humour??? And the only one with concrete for brains here is you! But the essence of my post is still true. People like you are dangerous. It's a short trip for people with your believes from envying the WBC to doing something crazy.
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM

(31-01-2012 06:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  Make 'em convert if it kills 'em I always say. Angel

Right out of the WBC handbook!

He also claims to have a sense of humor......a 'hell' of a sense of humor. But seemingly cant laugh or even post when we call his imaginary friend a name, or spell it incorrectly (something he knows a LOT about!).

Ego is your garden variety Fundie with a touch of WWE thrown in to pepper it up a bit.

I have been close to where he is (although i never used violence or violent implications in my conversion). I too felt i was plugged into the electric socket of god. Those bindings are tight, those chains are heavy... man. Its slavery of the mind all set up on the pretense of a fairy tale ending. Its a refusal to look at the real world without bias or prejudgment. He fails to accept the fact that MOST of us here were like him. We've been on both sides.

What i find most amusing is his WWE fighter mentality of his approach. He's blended this unique culture in with his fantasy. Remove the religion from this guy, he's just an angry dude. He's admitted as much. He is LOOKING for a fight. He's the bully in the school yard. Pure and simple. Except this bully is brainwashed with the cult he is in.
With anyone even slightly pining for the WBC folks and throw in the aggressive and violent attitude he's got...and given the correct situation....we got another Waco potential.
He seems too dug in to look at ANYTHING objectively. He lacks fairness and is consumed with Bias. The fact that "The case for christ" gave him a Holy Hard-on demonstrates this clearly.
He's mesmerized by that book but wont read the counter argument (insert lame excuse here).
Based on his word here in the forum, i wonder why even even tries reading non theist books. Obviously reading from a biased purch and looking only to find its holes and places to debunk it.

There is no honest inquiry on his part. He's not on a search for truth, just a crusade from his pretend friends. He may TRY and argue differently, but his words speak quite loudly.

Denicio
01-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm sad though... he *does* have a sense of humour and those posts were funny it's just... we see this side so rarely. Egor... I feel bad for you now. Not that you weren't rather horrible in that other thread quite recently but... I guess you weren't even aware of the offence until we all came down on you from on high. I kinda just wish you'd hang out and forget that we're all going to hell for a second. I know you feel that'd be neglecting your duty, but... well I for one am dead set in my ways and I shall die a heathen no matter what, so we might as well be nice to each other... Like I said to KC, I'll wave at you from my position on the coals Smile
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM

(01-02-2012 10:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sad though... he *does* have a sense of humour and those posts were funny it's just... we see this side so rarely. Egor... I feel bad for you now. Not that you weren't rather horrible in that other thread quite recently but... I guess you weren't even aware of the offence until we all came down on you from on high. I kinda just wish you'd hang out and forget that we're all going to hell for a second. I know you feel that'd be neglecting your duty, but... well I for one am dead set in my ways and I shall die a heathen no matter what, so we might as well be nice to each other... Like I said to KC, I'll wave at you from my position on the coals Smile

You see! That's why I can't be friends with you. To be friendly, to lighten up, to treat you kindly or to laugh with you only leads further to your destruction. I don't find what you say to be cute, and you and I are not equal but separate. Isn't it just like an atheist to try to destroy the truth by making it all relative?

If I laugh or joke in here, I guarantee you it is only because I'm tired and trying to amuse myself, but man if you don't make even that a sin.
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Yay - there's more nonsense on the Believers Revolt! Dencio's already started the debunking on another thread, but I'll throw my hat into the ring too and pick out my 3 favourite gems.

Jan 31st - Atheists as Priests
So, in our fav fundies own words:

Quote:“I’m not so sure atheism is really a disbelief in God “

I’m sure it is and so is the rest of the English speaking world. The Oxford English Dictionary defines Atheism as “disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.” Not a good start today, Egor...

Quote:“I think it is simply a new religion, the priests of which no longer go to seminary but to Ph.D. programs in various scientific fields”

Atheism is actually older than Christ and we have writings that date back to 6BCE. There is no evidence whatsoever that an atheist priesthood has ever or will ever exist. Sources as varied as Cicero, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche and of course, Bertrand Russell, all write in detail about atheism but do not mention priesthood. They are accorded respect by theist and atheist alike because they are gifted writers, not because they belong to a kind of atheist sect.

We’ll finish with my personal favourite:

Quote:Think about the LHC atom smasher. It’s looking for the Higgs boson, and that’s about all it’s worth. And if it finds it, it is only going to confirm what we pretty much already know, but it’s a huge machine, enormously expensive to build, run and maintain. But what else are we going to do with physicists?

Ignorance, my enemy, I salute thee.

A trip to the LHC website could have answered your question:

Post Higgs discovery:
1. The LHC will then have to understand how the Higgs works.
2. The LHC will try and find dark matter.
3. The LHC will try and understand more about antimatter
4. The LHC will analyse the properties of the quark-gluon plasma.
5. The LHC may, for the first time enable us to identify or maybe, just maybe interact with another dimension!

If the Higgs isn’t found, then the standard model of physics could potentially be placed in jeopardy and the LHC will be critical to understanding what the future of physics would look like in this scenario.

Questions for Egor (there are 4 outstanding from my earlier post)

5.What evidence do you have of an atheist priesthood?
6. In the face of overwhelming evidence, language conventions and all literature since records began can you entertain the idea that Pantheism and atheism are the same thing?
7. What evidence do you have that the LHC will be redundant post the discovery (or otherwise) of the Higgs?

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ