The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.
(01-02-2012 06:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, but you don't ask him any questions. You ask me the questions. And I know why. No matter what compliments you pay him, you don't give a shit what he thinks or believes because it has no gravitas. No balls.

No; I don't give a shit what KC believes, because I've taken the time to understand what he believes. He has his belief in his faith and that's fine. I do not share this belief and that is fine. I also know that his belief has no effect on my impression of him as a human being. God or no God (make no mistake; I lean toward NO God) I know a good man when I take time to understand the man.

I have spent a considerable amount of time in my life with many people who have faith in one thing or another. It's never hurt me and in fact, it's only ever been enlightening. It has strengthened my patience, regard, and respect for humanity on the whole.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
06-02-2012, 05:40 AM
RE: The believers revolt - a voyage into the surreal world of the fundamentalist.
Just by way of an update, there’s been 3 posts on Egors website since the last update, most of these ideas are not his and have been widely debunked over the last few centuries so I shall keep my debunks snappy:

1. Illinois to Allow Creationism in Classrooms – Egor is unhappy that the fine inhabitants of Illinois have decided to allow the creationist myth to be taught in their schools. Good, so am I. He’s worried that the evil atheist brotherhood are going to start teaching string theory and multi-verses in High School classrooms. Typically, these theories are debated in universities, where people are adults and can make up their own minds so this is simply facile. There’s another rant about the atheist ‘theology’ but that was debunked last week.

2. Universal Order or Chaos or both? – Apparently God created the universe as a kind of arts and craft project so only he knows the real purpose and how it all fits together. Because the universe is actually art, apparently our minds are insubstantial and will never understand it (so it must be bad art?). It’s this kind of backward thinking that has impaired human development since the middle ages. Parts of the universe look organised and logical because we understand them. Parts of the universe look chaotic because we don’t understand them. That doesn’t make the universe a divine painting, but simply a gap in our understanding.

3. You can’t have your cake & eat it too – According to Egor, atheists want God to prove his existence to us and then we would want the free will to choose if we want to believe in him. I think this is a misquote from the God Delusion but could be wrong. It’s also a rather gross generalisation about atheists...personally I don’t believe in God period, any further debate is rather moot. If a god of any description ever shows up in Scotland, I'll happily take him for a pint..

Anyway, Sunday School time Egor-style: there’s a story in the Bible that a disciple called Thomas was a little suspicious of a human being who he’d seen die a few days earlier was now running around Jerusalem alive and well. Unbelievably, Thomas wanted to check that this really was Jesus and check his hands. What a disgusting sinner...or a nice parable for evidence-based investigation. So the fairy story of Thomas from the largely fictional Bible is absolute proof that we can’t question the existence of God and just blindly accept that he’s real. You got that sinners? You feeling the smackdown? No...me neither.

Hopefully he’ll raise his game, and come up with something more original this week. Rest assured I shall be standing by ready to receive the divine smackdown.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
06-02-2012, 09:17 AM

(06-02-2012 05:40 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Just by way of an update, there’s been 3 posts on Egors website since the last update, most of these ideas are not his and have been widely debunked over the last few centuries so I shall keep my debunks snappy:

1. Illinois to Allow Creationism in Classrooms – Egor is unhappy that the fine inhabitants of Illinois have decided to allow the creationist myth to be taught in their schools. Good, so am I. He’s worried that the evil atheist brotherhood are going to start teaching string theory and multi-verses in High School classrooms. Typically, these theories are debated in universities, where people are adults and can make up their own minds so this is simply facile. There’s another rant about the atheist ‘theology’ but that was debunked last week.

2. Universal Order or Chaos or both? – Apparently God created the universe as a kind of arts and craft project so only he knows the real purpose and how it all fits together. Because the universe is actually art, apparently our minds are insubstantial and will never understand it (so it must be bad art?). It’s this kind of backward thinking that has impaired human development since the middle ages. Parts of the universe look organized and logical because we understand them. Parts of the universe look chaotic because we don’t understand them. That doesn’t make the universe a divine painting, but simply a gap in our understanding.

3. You can’t have your cake & eat it too – According to Egor, atheists want God to prove his existence to us and then we would want the free will to choose if we want to believe in him. I think this is a misquote from the God Delusion but could be wrong. It’s also a rather gross generalisation about atheists...personally I don’t believe in God period, any further debate is rather moot. If a god of any description ever shows up in Scotland, I'll happily take him for a pint..

Anyway, Sunday School time Egor-style: there’s a story in the Bible that a disciple called Thomas was a little suspicious of a human being who he’d seen die a few days earlier was now running around Jerusalem alive and well. Unbelievably, Thomas wanted to check that this really was Jesus and check his hands. What a disgusting sinner...or a nice parable for evidence-based investigation. So the fairy story of Thomas from the largely fictional Bible is absolute proof that we can’t question the existence of God and just blindly accept that he’s real. You got that sinners? You feeling the smackdown? No...me neither.

Hopefully he’ll raise his game, and come up with something more original this week. Rest assured I shall be standing by ready to receive the divine smackdown.

As i stated many times about our pal Egor, his posts and opinions stink heavily of Palin and Bachmann. Simply making up broad assumptions about a stereotype and blathering on about it as if it were truth. Basically believing his own lies about stuff.
Sadly, there are millions just like him and thats why Palin/Bachmann have so many damn followers. Its simply Willful Ignorance. Instead of doing any REAL research, he'll make comments like "ALL Atheists ....blah blah blah, ANY atheist who has not ...BLAH BLAH....".
Egor has a terrible time with real facts but loves broadcasting his ignorance.....good news for him, the GOP is recruiting for the next election year and he is PERFECTLY qualified for the job.

D
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 10:49 AM
My brother, who is a minister, read Egor's blog.

He said, "Wow... this guy is arrogant... and he's an idiot."

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post