The best dog ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 09:12 AM by Toney.)
The best dog ever!
I used to tell her that all the time. She was the best dog ever. She got cancer and we had to have her "put to sleep". She was throwing up 9 times a day and wouldn't eat. I didn't want her to suffer. Enough of that. She loved to watch horses on youtube. I would scroll youtube and she'd pick what she wanted to watch. She loved the show mantracker and the Sledgehammer video with the dancing chickens. She understood about everything we said. She was a smooth coat border collie. She filled up our world. You didn't know her but I thought I'd share her with you. Her name was Whitney and I'll always miss my "Little Whitney Dog". The best dog ever!

[Image: 34qsew1.jpg]

[Image: skn8ntoub]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Toney's post
07-07-2015, 09:06 AM
RE: The best dog ever!
Very sorry to hear that. I think my dogs are the best too and will hate it when I lose them

Hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family members and it hurts when they have to go. At least you know you did right by her and saved her from the suffering. That takes a lot of guts to do. Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-07-2015, 09:13 AM
(07-07-2015 09:09 AM)Dom Wrote:  Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family members and it hurts when they have to go. At least you know you did right by her and saved her from the suffering. That takes a lot of guts to do. Heart

If you love "someone" you do what's best for them.
[+] 3 users Like Toney's post
07-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Every time I lose one I swear I won't put myself through that again. So far I haven't been able to keep that vow even though they all still hurt.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
07-07-2015, 09:28 AM
(07-07-2015 09:14 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Every time I lose one I swear I won't put myself through that again. So far I haven't been able to keep that vow even though they all still hurt.

Same here. We just got a new puppy. She's 10 weeks and my wife named her Rain. She came in the rain. Someday maybe she'll make us "right as rain". Right now she's a hand full but she watches TV. I'll tell her about Whitney someday. I gave her Whitneys only toy. I don't think she'll ever know how hard that was to do.
[+] 4 users Like Toney's post
07-07-2015, 09:33 AM
She looks beautiful. Did she have border collie in her as she looks very border collie-ish.

I lost one of my dogs, a Greyhound, over the weekend to liver cancer. I didn't even know he had it as he displayed no symptoms until his last week when he just went off his food intermittently. Then Saturday he couldn't stand and was shaking. I rushed him to the vets and they did a scan which showed very advanced liver cancer. My other two dogs are very subdued this week and are clearly missing him. They leave such a gap when they go.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
07-07-2015, 10:04 AM
So sorry for your loss, Toney. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet as they truly are a member of the family. I can tell Whitney was a much loved puppy dog and it sounds like you gave her such a wonderful life. Hugs to you.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
07-07-2015, 11:12 AM
(07-07-2015 09:33 AM)Eva Wrote:  She looks beautiful. Did she have border collie in her as she looks very border collie-ish.

I lost one of my dogs, a Greyhound, over the weekend to liver cancer. I didn't even know he had it as he displayed no symptoms until his last week when he just went off his food intermittently. Then Saturday he couldn't stand and was shaking. I rushed him to the vets and they did a scan which showed very advanced liver cancer. My other two dogs are very subdued this week and are clearly missing him. They leave such a gap when they go.

she was a full blooded "smooth coat" border collie. Cancer sucks.
[+] 3 users Like Toney's post
07-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Not really original but really sorry for your loss. I hate cancer.

Also, I have a dog and I know I'll hate letting her go.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post