The best dog ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: The best dog ever!
Really sorry for your loss. I love dogs but I hate their short lifespan. I had to say goodbye to my soul mutt about 15 months ago. I have 2 dogs now and they are great. I really love them but they don't replace the dog I lost.

Hope having the puppy helps.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
07-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Sending hugs and wishing you the best with the new pup.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Condolences, I know just how you feel Toney, my mom just put down one of our family dogs due to cancer as well, 6 days ago, it's still fresh, hurts to even write this. She was a beautiful German Shepherd named Shelby, today would have been her 8th birthday actually, born 7/7/2007, died 7 years old. So much for 7 being lucky. She was always so incredibly healthy too, got cancer in the lymph nodes about 6 months ago though, thankfully her quality of life didn't suffer too much for most of that time. After 2 rough nights of sleep my mom decided to put her down, the day before I was coming home to see her. Sadcryface2Weeping

Their lives never last nearly long enough, even if she had lived until 15 it would still be terrible to lose them, all you can do is just enjoy the time you do have with them.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like MustangManda's post
08-07-2015, 07:32 AM
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your friend.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
08-07-2015, 07:36 AM
Sorry for your loss Toney. Like Dom said, they become part of our families.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-07-2015, 07:42 AM
I am sorry it took me so long to find this thread. I too am a dog lover. At one time as a boy working many hundreds of kilometers from anywhere, my only friends were the 26 dogs on the sheep station. When not working we went everywhere together. All told I have lived with over 40 dogs. Some border collies and mostly blue heelers. All great workers.

Your dog was gorgeous. I bet she and I would have gotten along great. Most of the best friends I ever had were dogs.

Very sad for you. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
08-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear that. I lost my golden retriever to cancer some years ago and haven't been able to bring myself to getting another dog.

I admire your willingness to do so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-07-2015, 08:00 PM
When I read about people losing dogs and cats it just tears me to pieces. Even if the owner is a theist, it still breaks me up. Concern for the loss of a pet is probably the only thing that trump politics and religion for me.

I have an 18 year old kitty and I'm giving him every chance to live but it's coming to an end and I know how heartbroken I'm going to be.

So sorry for your loss.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 07:26 AM
(08-07-2015 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry to hear that. I lost my golden retriever to cancer some years ago and haven't been able to bring myself to getting another dog.

I admire your willingness to do so.

The new pup is from a Border Collie rescue group. She was in the pound. She will never replace Whitney or Wilson but she'll have a great life with us. Once I saw her she had to stay with us.

[Image: 2wpmj5d.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Toney's post
09-07-2015, 07:29 AM
(09-07-2015 07:26 AM)Toney Wrote:  The new pup is from a Border Collie rescue group. She was in the pound. She will never replace Whitney or Wilson but she'll have a great life with us. Once I saw her she had to stay with us.

[Image: 2wpmj5d.jpg]

She's gorgeous!

I wish you and yours all the very best with your new family member. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post