The best dog ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: The best dog ever!
Beautiful lil pup!

Border Collies are great dogs. So are Australian Blue Heelers. Take a lot of effort and training, since they're so smart, but the rewards for these efforts are overwhelming.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-07-2015, 05:52 PM
I can't even begin to articulate how happy it makes me to read so many comments, in this thread and others, about how people here see their dogs as family members.

My wife and I are very involved in dog rescue. We raise money, foster dogs and a lot of our weekends are spent at dog adoption events. We see dogs as family too.

Not everyone does, though. I could tell you stories that would make you scream. There are people who are just not human. Humans have empathy. Seriously, some of what we have run across is blood chilling. So, glad to see dog lovers.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
13-07-2015, 08:30 PM
You know, I've been thinking about it, since I first read this thread.

It's related to The Problem of Evil, of course, but since I'm a former biologist who frequently has to have anti-Creationism/"Intelligent Design" arguments with my fundie family, it dawns on me that there's an Argument from Canine Lifespan to be made against God.

If a benevolent creator set this world up to be for humans, why make such a being as the domesticated dog so affectionate and emotionally-connected to humans, only to rip our guts out when we lose them after 7-15 years? Imagine a dog that could bond like the best Blue Heeler, that lived to 75 years and grew like a human? Birthed children could be matched with their life-companion pup, and we'd have a dog-centric society of guardians and friends... like Ted, but non-speaking. "Thunder buddies for life."

I miss Max and Bandit. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 11:03 AM
I just watched Ted last weekend. My wife thought it was awful but I enjoyed it. Enough to rent the sequel at some point.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-07-2015, 08:42 AM
(07-07-2015 09:04 AM)Toney Wrote:  I'll always miss my "Little Whitney Dog". The best dog ever!

So sorry for your loss. I'm hugging my pups a little closer.

Daeuse