The best government.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 08:14 PM
The best government.
Would be benevolent robot overlords, no? I believe that an all powerful AI would be able to do a much better job than any human government. It would be able to handle absolute power in a way that a human could not because it wouldn't have any self-serving instincts and could make far more optimal decisions.

Do you agree with me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
RE: The best government.
(07-06-2015 08:14 PM)Geopum Wrote:  Would be benevolent robot overlords, no? I believe that an all powerful AI would be able to do a much better job than any human government. It would be able to handle absolute power in a way that a human could not because it wouldn't have any self-serving instincts and could make far more optimal decisions.

Do you agree with me?

No.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
07-06-2015, 08:21 PM
What Pablo said.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-06-2015, 08:32 PM
(07-06-2015 08:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 08:14 PM)Geopum Wrote:  Would be benevolent robot overlords, no? I believe that an all powerful AI would be able to do a much better job than any human government. It would be able to handle absolute power in a way that a human could not because it wouldn't have any self-serving instincts and could make far more optimal decisions.

Do you agree with me?

No.

Okay...
07-06-2015, 08:56 PM
The best government.
Doesn't sound like you've ever programmed. The main reason I wouldn't agree with an AI-run government is because of GIGO.
07-06-2015, 09:10 PM

Do you agree with me?

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Here at TTA, we've already decided this matter. A Catholic king would be best. Yes Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion ages ago actually.
Went along the lines of robots are robots and would do everything black and white where as the world is various shades of grey. You need discretion and common sense (ask Stevil about those) and you need to sway and react to different situations.

The best government you could have is a dictatorship where the dictator is a popular, good person.
Sadly dictators aren't always this (because they usually come into power via either birthright, coup or successful rebellion) so that is where democracy comes in.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-06-2015, 04:56 AM
"I don't think we should be governing ourselves. What need is a king, and every now and then if the king’s not doing a good job, we kill him." -- George Carlin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-06-2015, 05:24 AM
(08-06-2015 04:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "I don't think we should be governing ourselves. What need is a king, and every now and then if the king’s not doing a good job, we kill him." -- George Carlin

So basically, Carlin wants everybody to be French...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.