The best phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: The best phone?
(22-10-2013 05:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So the missus and I have decided to both get new phones for ourselves for Christmas. What should I get? I'm an Android fan, and leaning toward one of the HTC one phones, but I've read the camera is lacking in quality.

Any suggestions? What do you have and like/dislike about it?

I like phones that you can make actual phone calls with. I cannot
even find the dialer window on those stupid i(diot)-phones.

The telegraph was replaced by the telephone. Now we have gone back
to the telegraph. Except we call it texting now. progress....*sigh*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like black_squirrel's post
22-10-2013, 07:07 PM
(22-10-2013 07:04 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  The telegraph was replaced by the telephone. Now we have gone back

.-.. --- .-.. / -.-

"LOL K" Stop
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-10-2013, 07:24 PM
(22-10-2013 07:04 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 05:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So the missus and I have decided to both get new phones for ourselves for Christmas. What should I get? I'm an Android fan, and leaning toward one of the HTC one phones, but I've read the camera is lacking in quality.

Any suggestions? What do you have and like/dislike about it?

I like phones that you can make actual phone calls with. I cannot
even find the dialer window on those stupid i(diot)-phones.

The telegraph was replaced by the telephone. Now we have gone back

I didn't realize they had pocket sized portable telegraph machines back in the day with which you could keep in constant contact with those important to you throughout the day without the inconvenience of having to stop all activities to have a full conversation when it's not needed. Tongue

(the icon that looks like a telephone will bring up the dial pad)

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I have an older Iphone and like it just fine, actually a lot now that they have upgraded the software. It has some of the best features of an Iphone and some of the cooler features of an Android. The camera isn't great but it is a couple years old.

My son got a phone with Windows 8 and also installed Win8 on his laptop and could do all sorts of cool things with them and his smart tv. Then he found out how much of his software wouldn't work so he went back to Win7. Now he says the phone is just a phone and his alarm clock, he is looking to go back to an Iphone soon.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-10-2013, 08:13 PM
(22-10-2013 08:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have an older Iphone and like it just fine, actually a lot now that they have upgraded the software. It has some of the best features of an Iphone and some of the cooler features of an Android. The camera isn't great but it is a couple years old.

My son got a phone with Windows 8 and also installed Win8 on his laptop and could do all sorts of cool things with them and his smart tv. Then he found out how much of his software wouldn't work so he went back to Win7. Now he says the phone is just a phone and his alarm clock, he is looking to go back to an Iphone soon.

The iphone is good. Good hardware anyway. Tons of my friends and family have them so I've played around on them a lot. Even though they're essentially the same kind of phone, I prefer the android, you have much more options and better customization. I've heard mixed reviews on the windows phone, more towards the negative.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-10-2013, 08:15 PM
The newest updates to the Iphone make them a lot like Android.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-10-2013, 08:17 PM
If you go apple then wait for the 6. It should have larger screen . Iphone 5 is just to small for heavy internet use

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-10-2013, 08:23 PM
(22-10-2013 08:17 PM)sporehux Wrote:  If you go apple then wait for the 6. It should have larger screen . Iphone 5 is just to small for heavy internet use

Nah, just not an apple guy. The HTC One max just came out, and it's suppose to be pretty big. I'm gonna have a look see at it first. I'm loving the forward facing speakers idea. I just hope they've improved the camera.

~ Umberto Eco
22-10-2013, 08:24 PM
sporehux, I love your avatar, but it makes it impossible for me to take anything you post seriously! Tongue

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
22-10-2013, 09:42 PM
In the past month I've tried the xperia, S4 and the Iphone5.

The xperia was fun in the water but that wears off (sucks to clean screen off after, plus if you don't close the flaps properly you're responsible). The camera was CRAP. The size and weight were ok. Processing was decent. Screen sensitivity was okay. Keyboard was okay.

S4 has a lot of options and customizing room. The camera was good, almost too hyper real though. LOVED the slow mo on the video, ha ha. That was fun. The screen sensitivity sucked. I'd often touch something only for it to think I touched somewhere else. Was so frustrating when typing. I gave it days to see if I just needed to 'learn' android (I had the Iphone4 for years before) and still it sucked. The auto correct is not logical and annoying, IMO. The sides were so sensitive I'd often be directed somewhere I didn't want to go because of the way I was holding it. Processing was sometimes slow. The phone is super nice and light, if you like that. It's almost too big for my hands though, gave hand cramps sometimes.

LOVE the iPhone5. It is heavier, but I like that because it helps me know where it is in my pocket or purse. It's the right size for me. The camera is good, great image stabilization. Processing is fast. I find the design (thanks to iOS upgrade, frankly) to be logical and intuitive. This is the phone I settled on keeping.

Good luck!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post