The best phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: The best phone?
(22-10-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  sporehux, I love your avatar, but it makes it impossible for me to take anything you post seriously! Tongue

I've been having the same problem, I immediately think hes being facetious or sarcastic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-10-2013, 10:23 PM
(22-10-2013 05:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Any suggestions? What do you have and like/dislike about it?

I have to go with a Nexus phone. I have the Nexus 4, and it's an amazing phone. The screen is amazing the processing is fast. The phone is straight from Google so it always has the latest version of any software available. The "Nexus 5" (if it's actually called that) is expected out very soon, and it's expected to easily trounce the iPhone (one of which I owned and was unimpressed with).
[+] 1 user Likes ArchAtheistMichael's post
22-10-2013, 10:49 PM
(22-10-2013 10:23 PM)ArchAtheistMichael Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 05:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Any suggestions? What do you have and like/dislike about it?

I have to go with a Nexus phone. I have the Nexus 4, and it's an amazing phone. The screen is amazing the processing is fast. The phone is straight from Google so it always has the latest version of any software available. The "Nexus 5" (if it's actually called that) is expected out very soon, and it's expected to easily trounce the iPhone (one of which I owned and was unimpressed with).

I also have a nexus 4, I have gotta say, its really really good. There are only two negatives about the phone, and I avoided one by living in Canada. It doesn't have a removable battery, and it doesn't have LTE (Canadian LTE is a different frequency, and the nexus 4 is capable of accessing it)

Everything else was as good as or better than the S3 or iPhone5 which were released around the time, and like half the price of them too.
22-10-2013, 11:02 PM
(22-10-2013 10:49 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  doesn't have a removable battery, and it doesn't have LTE

Yeah, the phone I had before the Nexus had both of those and after two years I found I never took the battery out and I practically live in Wi-Fi. Real concerns for some, but I didn't even hesitate.
23-10-2013, 12:11 AM
You poor bastards, this is the best phone:

[Image: nokia-1100-flash-file.jpg]

Or if you have money, then get yourself a Land Rover phone:

[Image: sonim-1300.jpg]

Apple? HTC? Yeah right...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
23-10-2013, 12:18 AM
(23-10-2013 12:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  You poor bastards, this is the best phone:

Big Grin

Okay, but I wanna watch videos and shit. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-10-2013, 12:36 AM
(23-10-2013 12:18 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 12:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  You poor bastards, this is the best phone:

Big Grin

Okay, but I wanna watch videos and shit. Tongue

Then you watch some TV, or use your PC. Real men use something unbreakable with compass.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-10-2013, 12:39 AM
(23-10-2013 12:36 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 12:18 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, but I wanna watch videos and shit. Tongue

Then you watch some TV, or use your PC. Real men use something unbreakable with compass.

Big Grin

Canceled cable a year ago. Watching shit on PC sucks. I use my phone to watch shit when I'm wasting time in between using my unbreakable dick which alway points north. Cool

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-10-2013, 12:48 AM
I'd go with a cellular telephone. I have one and it is great. I can call people from A-NY-WHERE! At home, at a store, even in a car. Tongue

I never understood the obsession with phones, really. I use mine to talk, snap an occasional photo, and play some time killing games when I'm waiting for something. The biggest non-phone thing I use mine for is as a music player. I bluetooth stream to my music receiver in my truck. For me the biggest considerations when choosing a phone would be call clarity/ability, user friendliness, storage capacity/playback options. A secondary concern would be camera resolution, but not that important.

I'm basically happy with my iphone 4s at the moment. I bought it after 5 had been released cause it's cheaper and I didn't see much advantage in getting the 5. For my next phone I will be abandoning Apple in favor of something which has removable storage, and most likely something Droid based. Maybe I'll let you folks choose for me as well, as I don't keep up with what's out there.

23-10-2013, 12:56 AM
(22-10-2013 09:45 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  sporehux, I love your avatar, but it makes it impossible for me to take anything you post seriously! Tongue

I've been having the same problem, I immediately think hes being facetious or sarcastic.

OMG, YES! I find myself looking up and in my head calling him a cunt for no good reason before I realize its just a avatar, and not related to this or any other post.