The best teacher you ever had / were
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2011 06:25 PM by houseofcantor.)
RE: The best teacher you ever had / were
I waited to give the standard reply in order not to disparage this excellent thread by the excellent alien. It took like ten minutes to find the Golden Apple - behind the image there's a link - because the teacher does not get the credit deserved. A search of "teacher appreciation" lead to what?

Disciplinary action to take in case of transgression; complaint. Yes, our society is bass ackwards.

My "greatest teacher" is Gwyneth Paltrow. Simply, she is sweet and adorable and never let the fame make her crazy. (Her craziness is all her own, original to the identity. Wink ) But what was taught was self-instruction that family never provided to this unit and it occurred through love. This reflects ancient wisdom that should never be overlooked - the greatest teacher is impotent until the least student is ready to learn.

Paul, William, and Mary lived in the same house. Three teachers that done right for a whole generation of peeps, that grew up in Clinton, Massachusetts. Wink
I did remember a cool little anecdote just now. Mr Lockheart, teaching calculus to seniors. First day of class, he writes his name on the board; turns to the class.

Congratulations. You got a 70. That's what you get for making it this far. No one gets less than a C. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply