The big bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: The big bang
I can believe personally that I'm the most handsome man on this forum but without fact its only a belief(Don't worry I think we all know Denicio has that title.)

Joking aside I understand where you are coming from but doctors have to learn how to help. Its never given unto them and even though they can help as much as they can. They can never perform miracles and at times fail. If God had helped them then I would wish to see a 100 percent cure rate.

It will never happen and if you may say its because God wants to see them in heaven. Why give a newborn son to a young couple only to see that child die? If God knew why try? What about muscle dystrophy or deformities? A perfect God wouldn't make imperfect beings.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 06:07 PM
(10-01-2012 06:00 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I can believe personally that I'm the most handsome man on this forum but without fact its only a belief(Don't worry I think we all know Denicio has that title.)

Joking aside I understand where you are coming from but doctors have to learn how to help. Its never given unto them and even though they can help as much as they can. They can never perform miracles and at times fail. If God had helped them then I would wish to see a 100 percent cure rate.

It will never happen and if you may say its because God wants to see them in heaven. Why give a newborn son to a young couple only to see that child die? If God knew why try? What about muscle dystrophy or deformities? A perfect God wouldn't make imperfect beings.

You raise some good questions, even questions I raise all the time. All I get is "Because God is God and He can do what He wants!" but yeah that don't cut the mustard. Haha. I honestly can't answer you and I won't pretend for ta second I can.
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Don't worry, I don't want to put you under the light. Its just questions I wonder myself and constantly question even now.

It was always humans who have created things. It wouldn't surprise me if we created God. If I'm ever a bit cold its because I'm a humanist in the deepest sense of the word. I believe in our kind and hope we can one day create a world of peace. The only problem I see is that we could never do it as long as religion exists. The only peace religion can find is one in a nuclear apocalypse. Religion has caused most wars before world war 1 and has caused more deaths than any weapon you could ever imagine. I've repeated this a few times and I am sorry but I truly believe religion brings out the absolute worst in humanity. Its not a belief its a simple fact.

One that deeply bothers me.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
11-01-2012, 03:31 AM
On a side note, Uranus' spin is top to bottom when compared to earth and the other planets in the solar system.
[+] 1 user Likes Phenakist's post
11-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:Red Dragon did a good job of giving a quick synopsis- TheBeardedDude
Thank you kind sir, I'm no expert on Cosmology...I read it from a book [in a dodgy Spanish accent] Big Grin
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
(10-01-2012 05:50 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  Basically then all beliefs are opinion its just my opinion requires more faith than facts and yours requires more facts than faith. No let me rephrase that, your is based on more facts than faith and mine is based on more faith that facts. However naturally I would agree yet disagree. I say it takes just as much faith for you to believe as I do. We just have faith in different thing. Although I can see your side of this equation as well.

Apparently, you do not see this clearly.

Evidence is "seeing is believing"; faith is "believing without seeing". It doesn't take faith to accept reality, it just takes stubbing your toe on a rock - evidence that the rock exists.

Facts that come from evidence gives knowledge; faith does not require evidence, so it is not knowledge, it is belief.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 01:00 PM
NPR has an article describing the Big Bang. A good read and a quick synopsis of what it is actually about.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
(09-01-2012 10:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:00 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 09:46 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Huh

There are so many problems with your question that I'm not sure where to start.

The Big Bang is about the theory of how the entire universe is believed to have started about 13.7 billion years ago.

The rotation (and orbits) of the planets in our little solar system is something that happened only about 5 billion years ago and really has nothing to do with the big bang.

Thank you for your input. I have been wondering if this was a valid argument because it didn't seem to be accurate. As a Christian I am really only shown one side and then shown what Christians believe about atheists which I believe is a misrepresentation. Thanks again!

" As a Christian I am really only shown one side" Pfffft.Sad
You are making me very sad. Get off your ass and go learn some things on your own - it's your life.
Isn't that what he's doing here? Tongue
[+] 5 users Like Ben's post
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
(11-01-2012 04:20 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:00 PM)Thatweirdkid Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 09:46 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Huh

There are so many problems with your question that I'm not sure where to start.

The Big Bang is about the theory of how the entire universe is believed to have started about 13.7 billion years ago.

The rotation (and orbits) of the planets in our little solar system is something that happened only about 5 billion years ago and really has nothing to do with the big bang.

Thank you for your input. I have been wondering if this was a valid argument because it didn't seem to be accurate. As a Christian I am really only shown one side and then shown what Christians believe about atheists which I believe is a misrepresentation. Thanks again!

" As a Christian I am really only shown one side" Pfffft.Sad
You are making me very sad. Get off your ass and go learn some things on your own - it's your life.
Isn't that what he's doing here? Tongue

Well, now that you mention it ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post