The big bang theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
The big bang theory
Enjoy!

http://dontpkethebear.com/uncategorized/...ng-theory/

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-06-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: The big bang theory
Big Grin I love bloopers!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
This appreciation of TBBT appeared in the New York Times a week or so ago. I think the author brilliantly captures what makes the show great.

I Love ‘The Big Bang Theory.’ And You Should, Too.

We attended a taping last year. Interesting experience. On the down side, it was a LOOOOONG time commitment: we got to the studio at around 5:15 PM and left well after 10. The warm-up guy, or whatever his official title is--you know, the MC who's supposed to keep the audience excited and upbeat so we'll applaud like mad and roar with laughter at the appropriate times--was really hard to take, coming off as a reject from The Price Is Right. (During one of the many, many breaks, he organized an audience "talent contest," with people coming up to the front to demonstrate how they could do things like touch their nose with their tongue.) And the "dinner" they provided consisted of a bottle of water and a single slice of cold cheese pizza in a cardboard box, which we ate at our seats.

On the positive side, though, I was fascinated to see how the show is put together. In particular, it was eye-opening to discover how many "adjustments" are made right there on the spot. They went through every scene at least twice. If a laugh line didn't get a good audience response the first time, the writers were right there and huddled together with the director to come up with something different. And the second time around was invariably funnier than the first.

Bazinga! Smile

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 3 users Like cufflink's post
02-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Fuck that show. It's been stunningly mediocre whenever I've watched it.
02-06-2013, 06:59 PM
(02-06-2013 06:54 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Fuck that show. It's been stunningly mediocre whenever I've watched it.

Maybe it's just me but I always felt that was a show to make stupid people feel smart. Not a fan.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense