The birds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 12:52 PM
The birds
Seen that movie?

That's what my garden is like now! I have to go outside with a hoodie because I get attacked by several black birds. They slam right into me. Poor guys must have a lot of bruises by now.

They invaded my garden and I have nests with babies everywhere, there is no avoiding them. They are even in low shrubs, just as long as the foliage is dense enough.

It'll just be a week or so now until they fledge - So I can live with it. Once they are out of the nest the parents stop attacking pretty much, although they may try to tease you away from the babies.

Would be neat to have a Jehova's witness try to come to my door these days Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
24-05-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: The birds
Eeek! I like having birds come into the yard to the feeders I have out but I don't think I would like that scenario...we get quite a variety of birds.

Makes me sad that the drake is visiting again this year from time to time but without his mate...seems like he is coming here looking for her. Undecided

Our current flock of attackers are mosquitoes. They are loving all this rain and standing water from months of it. My son says they are relentless...they are also notorious for carrying West Nile virus.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
24-05-2015, 01:15 PM
(24-05-2015 12:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Eeek! I like having birds come into the yard to the feeders I have out but I don't think I would like that scenario...we get quite a variety of birds.

Makes me sad that the drake is visiting again this year from time to time but without his mate...seems like he is coming here looking for her. Undecided

Our current flock of attackers are mosquitoes. They are loving all this rain and standing water from months of it. My son says they are relentless...they are also notorious for carrying West Nile virus.

Well, the positive is that blackbirds are great hunters and they are bringing a seemingly never ending supply of bugs to their babies. Nice organic insect control, just at the proper time of year. And I have a huge flock of swallows come by every year and spend a few weeks clearing out bugs and mosquitoes. Being tolerant of wildlife, or even hospitable, has it's perks for sure.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2015, 02:02 PM
We have a Red-Tailed Hawk that comes around once in a while, it makes all the other birds crazy until it leaves.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Nuthin' a 12 gauge loaded with #8 shot won't fix.....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-05-2015, 02:17 PM
(24-05-2015 02:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nuthin' a 12 gauge loaded with #8 shot won't fix.....

Big Grin

Yep, I'll be happy to use one on anyone who comes on my property and shoots birds... Tongue

[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
24-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Just yankin' yer chain....

I build bird houses.......

But -- they do get evicted from the garage when they shit on my car.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-05-2015, 02:20 PM
I like the hawks. It's really cool when they catch something.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-05-2015, 02:30 PM
We're not fans of black birds.
They tease the kitty, sit and squawk and swoop at her, just cuz they're mean bastards.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-05-2015, 02:35 PM
(24-05-2015 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We're not fans of black birds.
They tease the kitty, sit and squawk and swoop at her, just cuz they're mean bastards.

Bluejays can be just as evil.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post