The birds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: The birds
(24-05-2015 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We're not fans of black birds.
They tease the kitty, sit and squawk and swoop at her, just cuz they're mean bastards.

They do it because she is a predator and they are nesting. They only do that during nesting time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-05-2015, 03:31 PM
(24-05-2015 02:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  I like the hawks. It's really cool when they catch something.
We've got redtailed hawks, bald eagles, and beaucoup vultures around here.

And crows..... Damned lotta crows.

They're a blast to watch in action on the coyote bait pile.....

I've seen hawks hunting -- it is a blast to watch them hang into the wind - and drop like a rock and pick up a baby bunny or a mouse.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Mockingbirds are just as bad, if not worse. They're some aggressive sonsabitches when they're fledging young.
24-05-2015, 08:41 PM
(24-05-2015 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-05-2015 02:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We're not fans of black birds.
They tease the kitty, sit and squawk and swoop at her, just cuz they're mean bastards.

They do it because she is a predator and they are nesting. They only do that during nesting time.

Maybe that's when they learn it, but they do it all year long.
They sit on the power line and snipe at the cat if she's out in the yard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-05-2015, 09:35 PM
(24-05-2015 03:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Mockingbirds are just as bad, if not worse. They're some aggressive sonsabitches when they're fledging young.

Not to mention they won't shut the fuck up. Got a nest right outside one of my bedroom windows. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-05-2015, 11:24 PM
(24-05-2015 12:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Seen that movie?

That's what my garden is like now! I have to go outside with a hoodie because I get attacked by several black birds. They slam right into me. Poor guys must have a lot of bruises by now.

They invaded my garden and I have nests with babies everywhere, there is no avoiding them. They are even in low shrubs, just as long as the foliage is dense enough.

It'll just be a week or so now until they fledge - So I can live with it. Once they are out of the nest the parents stop attacking pretty much, although they may try to tease you away from the babies.

Would be neat to have a Jehova's witness try to come to my door these days Big Grin

Sounds like the Magpie Season we've got down here.

I've never watched The Birds; all I know about it is that at certain points in the movie, they threw fish at windows to 'simulate' birds.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.