The black swan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2011, 01:21 AM

The black swan
Saw this last night. Excellent.

first thing is - films about opera, ballet and classical musicians always have a fantastic sound track. Fitting for a reimagining of swan lage the music is a rescoring of the music from swan lake.

A lot of people left the theatre complaining that they didnt get it, which confused me a little, considering natalie portman literally gives a summary of the plot qith all the metaphors taken off during a scene toward the middle. although the fact she is explaining the movie via discussion of the mundane topic of conversation in the actual scene may count as another layer of metaphor.

A brilliant psychological thriller and a great descent into madness piece
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 11:46 AM
RE: The black swan
I must be the only person who hates this movie. Like 65% of the audience, I saw this so I could watch Portman and Kunis lez out. But the movie was so generic I could swear I had already seen it before. And yet it became the new Catcher in the Rye, where the cult following swears it's much deeper than it seems.

She turns into a goddamn bird. Metaphor or not, it was such a stupid scene.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
31-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I saw this film last Sunday. Really amazing. Every decade has its own defining films. For example, when I think of the 1970's, I think of The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, Apocalypse Now (evidently, the 1970's were the golden age of Coppola), and the original Star Wars trilogy. When I think of the 2000's (or 2010's, I guess), one of the first films to come to mind will be Black Swan. I know that sounds a little premature since we're only one full year into the decade, but I truly believe that it will still stand out for its excellence by the time 2020 rolls around.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
20-02-2011, 03:42 AM

I thought the movie was pretty good, I didn't think it was the masterpiece many people are claiming it to be but I did think it was a VERY good movie.
20-02-2011, 05:30 AM
loved the movie, nice to see a good non-action movie.
24-02-2011, 08:41 PM

it was a good watch. nothing more. that about sums it up.
28-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Black swan is nice movie, most of the people don't like this. But overall a good message send by this movie for all people.
29-04-2011, 06:19 AM

What was the message given in the film?
26-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I really did not like this movie. I had high hopes for it being great partly because of the same reason buddy mentioned but mostly because it liked like it was going to be a great psychological thriller. To me it was hohum. I think the reason people like it so much is because it was the first not horrible serious movie Hollywood has come out with for a long time. But even when I'm used to eating shit all day long and someone gives me an ordinary banana I know there's better food out there... But I'll eat the banana.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user