The blind trust can lead to faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 01:08 PM
RE: The blind trust can lead to faith
(15-08-2016 12:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:15 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Well, he's not saying anything new or interesting and doesn't seem interested in a genuine 2-way conversation. Unless either of those change, yeah, you're probably right.

Nah! She's wrong.

And I don't mean wrong that this specimen has an impenetrable skin, I mean that Aliza is wrong if implying that there is no value in resisting.

theBore is indeed boring but it is useful. It has engendered superb counterarguments from some of our finest players.

The incompetence with which it attempts to express its incomprehensible message must make even the most rabid (Rabbi'd Laughat ) theistic apologist wince with shame.

Amongst the 4,000+ viewers may be the cultural-theists/deists who will shake their heads and throw in their tattered towels and the fence-sitters who have already had their god-bubbles burst by their own inquiries, their own soul-searching and the wealth of evidence in favour of methodological naturalism and against faith-based epistemology, yet are hanging on to the last shreds of their childhood / childish beliefs for social and nostalgic or tradition-laden perceived benefits, will totter and fall on the side of reality.

Aliza, I suspect your motives for wanting the chatter to subside ... theBore is the creator of atheists... why do you want that to stop!?!?!

[Image: 4060.jpg]

^^^ irony intended

Shit. DLJ has been assimilated.

We've lost him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-08-2016, 01:26 PM
I thought a blind trust was something a public official sets up to avoid conflicts of interest. No? I guess it does require a certain amount of faith in who is managing the trust.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Blind Faith

[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-08-2016, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 03:21 PM by theBorg.)
(15-08-2016 08:15 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Reltzik said something like "hell is not real, the cigarettes are real".
You have missed the meaning of blind trust. Blind trust is the following the good meant advise without even having the proofs. You can blindly trust the hell-warning of the theism without ever having any regrets. You better to start looking for True Theism, because you got to know, what there is the hell-warning. Just like gotten infinitely painfully doomed by unknown sickness, one starts to look for rightly suggested treatment. See film: Pilgrims Progress - Journey to Heaven, 2008.
15-08-2016, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 03:44 PM by Reltzik.)
(15-08-2016 03:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 08:15 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Reltzik said something like "hell is not real, the cigarettes are real".
You have missed the meaning of blind trust. Blind trust is the following the good meant advise without even having the proofs. You can blindly trust the hell-warning of the theism without ever having any regrets. You better to start looking for True Theism, because you got to know, what there is the hell-warning. Just like gotten infinitely painfully doomed by unknown sickness, one starts to look for rightly suggested treatment. See film: Pilgrims Progress - Journey to Heaven, 2008.

First of all, that's not what I said.

Second, yes. Blind trust and blind faith are possible.

THEY'RE ALSO IDIOTIC.

Want to prove me wrong? Blindly trust the person who tells you you can fly when you leap off a building. Blindly trust an alternative therapist working off the works of Galen who thinks the best way to treat your fever is to slit your wrists open. Blindly trust the reactionary Islamist imam telling you that the true religion is Islam and you need to strap a bomb to your chest.

And that thing about Islam brings me to point 3: Blind faith doesn't lead to knowledge at all. It doesn't lead to anything. You'd already chosen Eastern Orthodox Christianity over Islam before you embraced blind faith, because otherwise you'd have blind faith in both. You didn't arrive there because of blind faith... blind faith came AFTER that choice. It's just as easy for the Muslim to embrace blind faith as it is for the Christian. And it's just as easy for the Hindu, and the Shinto, and the Jainist, and the Scientologist.

The simple, inescapable fact is that most, or perhaps all, of those people engaging in blind faith ARE WRONG, and blind faith serves to keep them wrong.

And it's very easy for us to take a step back, and look at all those people getting it wrong, and then proceeding to straight up murder each other because of it, and decide that blind faith is for idiots and psychopaths.

So COULD we engage in blind faith? Yes. We could also drink a 2-liter bottle of pure arsenic.

Why would we want to?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
15-08-2016, 03:47 PM
(15-08-2016 03:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

But I would have regrets. I'd have to abdicate reason in order to entertain such a notion. We'd better start looking for true theism? The treatment you proscribe is worse than any disease. It's a complete break with reality to believe in a fantasy out of what.....fear? I don't fear something which I must imagine. I don't fear your hell or your god but I do fear your ideas because they are destroying the world. The further people get from reason and towards mysticism the worse things get. There is no such thing as true theism. It's all made up fantasy that you pretend is real.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
15-08-2016, 05:00 PM
The definition of Faith given in the Bible is something like 'Faith is believing in Bullshit!' Or something like that.
15-08-2016, 05:00 PM
(15-08-2016 03:01 PM)theBorg Wrote:  You can blindly trust the hell-warning of the theism without ever having any regrets.

No, I think it's pretty fucking stupid to trust someone who worships an evil god, and even more stupid to trust the evil god itself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
15-08-2016, 10:49 PM
(15-08-2016 03:40 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Second, yes. Blind trust and blind faith are possible... Blindly trust the reactionary Islamist imam telling you that the true religion is Islam and you need to strap a bomb to your chest... And it's just as easy for the Hindu, and the Shinto, and the Jainist, and the Scientologist.
Suppose an evil human forces you to harm Yourself. There is not a strong motive to do the sin (the rejection of genetic Christian faith is sin). In fact, the sins are motiveless. But the irrefutable motive (to run from hell) provides THE FACT, that the promised pain in hell is infinitely strong and infinitely long.

The Jesus Christ am the Way, the Way to knowledge of the True God and of His True Church. Therefore you can start as unbeliever, as a pagan, because of blind trust in hell-warning. While you would walk the Way, do not lie to Yourself, do not confuse Yourself: the True God and His angel will invisibly guide you to safety. Staying atheist does not mean the walking to True God.
15-08-2016, 10:59 PM
(15-08-2016 10:49 PM)theBorg Wrote:  But the irrefutable motive (to run from hell) provides THE SUPERSTITION, that the promised pain in hell is infinitely strong and infinitely long.

Fixed that for you.

Quote:Staying atheist does not mean the walking to True God.

Neither does belief.

There is no evidence for your god.
There is no evidence for heaven.
There is no evidence for hell.
There is no evidence for life after death.

No matter how hard you pray, only the grave awaits you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post