The blind trust can lead to faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 11:03 PM
RE: The blind trust can lead to faith
(15-08-2016 10:49 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The Jesus Christ am the Way, the Way to knowledge of the True God and of His True Church. Therefore you can start as unbeliever, as a pagan, because of blind trust in hell-warning. While you would walk the Way, do not lie to Yourself, do not confuse Yourself: the True God and His angel will invisibly guide you to safety. Staying atheist does not mean the walking to True God.

Pssst! TheBorg!

Jesus is a fucking cunty douche bag and everyone on this forum knows it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
15-08-2016, 11:04 PM
(15-08-2016 03:47 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I don't fear something which I must imagine.
The information came not from your imagination, but from outside world. You have nothing to imagine!
15-08-2016, 11:15 PM
(15-08-2016 11:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Jesus is...
Let us compare. How many texts of Moses the Non-christian Jews are printing per month? How many Bibles, which contains Moses, the Christians print per month? We are winning more souls for True God, than you.
15-08-2016, 11:19 PM
(15-08-2016 11:15 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Let us compare. How many texts of Moses the Non-christian Jews are printing per month? How many Bibles, which contains Moses, the Christians print per month?

Logical fallacy detected: Argumentum ad populum. The number of believers or the number of books does not determine whether or not something is true.

Quote: We are winning more souls for True God, than you.

Actually, you haven't won any "souls" at all. Souls are imaginary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2016, 11:38 PM
(15-08-2016 11:04 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 03:47 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I don't fear something which I must imagine.
The information came not from your imagination, but from outside world. You have nothing to imagine!

That is what the story book claims, yes. But when I consider what the Bible says about its God, I have no alternative but to use my imagination. It is only in the imagination that such a being could exist, as an isolation of certain traits of man with other fantastical characteristics added on that we don't find in the real world. Just like I have to imagine the wolf huffing and puffing and blowing the three little pigs' house down or Harry potter waving his wand and saying some pseudo Latin words and making a feather levitate. If I want to consider "outside world" I again must engage my imaginative faculty. I can't perceive this hell the Bible speaks of and I can not infer it's existence from anything that I perceive by looking at reality so what is left but the imagination. When I imagine hell or God, how is what I'm imagining not imaginary?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
15-08-2016, 11:40 PM
At work.

Actually... that is an interesting poing. How might one go about finding publishing details of Toras(sp)?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
16-08-2016, 12:05 AM
(15-08-2016 10:49 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 03:40 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Second, yes. Blind trust and blind faith are possible... Blindly trust the reactionary Islamist imam telling you that the true religion is Islam and you need to strap a bomb to your chest... And it's just as easy for the Hindu, and the Shinto, and the Jainist, and the Scientologist.
Suppose an evil human forces you to harm Yourself. There is not a strong motive to do the sin (the rejection of genetic Christian faith is sin). In fact, the sins are motiveless. But the irrefutable motive (to run from hell) provides THE FACT, that the promised pain in hell is infinitely strong and infinitely long.

The Jesus Christ am the Way, the Way to knowledge of the True God and of His True Church. Therefore you can start as unbeliever, as a pagan, because of blind trust in hell-warning. While you would walk the Way, do not lie to Yourself, do not confuse Yourself: the True God and His angel will invisibly guide you to safety. Staying atheist does not mean the walking to True God.

The promise of the Muslim paradise and threat of the Muslim hell seems to motivate Muslims to about the same degree that the promise of the Christian equivalents seem to motivate Christians. And the threats and promises of the other religions seem to have a motivational effect on their followers. I have no idea where you're getting the claim that there's no strong motive at work there. To all appearances your claim is obviously false.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
16-08-2016, 05:21 AM
(15-08-2016 10:49 PM)theBorg Wrote:  But the irrefutable motive (to run from hell) provides THE FACT, that the promised pain in hell is infinitely strong and infinitely long.

You have a very strange definition of fact.

Quote:The Jesus Christ am the Way,

Wait... Jesus sold Amway? Now it is all starting to make sense...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
16-08-2016, 07:11 AM
Wait, what? Judaism isn't evangelical the way that Christianity is. It doesn't have the goal of converting the whole world. You can't be winning if you're not even playing the same game.

EDIT: Also, number of holy books printed is a TERRIBLE gauge of conversions. You'd be better off looking at census statistics... where Christianity is dropping like a rock.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
16-08-2016, 07:39 AM
(15-08-2016 11:15 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:03 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Jesus is...
Let us compare. How many texts of Moses the Non-christian Jews are printing per month? How many Bibles, which contains Moses, the Christians print per month? We are winning more souls for True God, than you.

What is this?! Proper English? The human behind the troll is finally revealed. Well, now that theBorg is using his big boy language skills, maybe we can have a real conversation.

Like so many Christians, you leap to the conclusion that your religion must be the template for all other religions. This is probably not your fault… it’s probably just because you’ve never been exposed to other cultures. Your church has made you terrified of peeking behind the curtain lest you be enticed to join a different religion –or lack of religion, and where will your money go then?

Total printed copies of the Torah vs. Christian bible is irrelevant. Christianity FAR outnumbers Judaism. Christianity is one the largest religions on this planet, along with Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism. In fact, Judaism barely registers a blip on the radar. We only make up .2% of the world population. And guess what, theBorg? We’re not looking to expand! In fact, if you went to an orthodox synagogue, you’d find it somewhat difficult to join. We don’t register our success as a people based on our membership numbers. That’s a Christian thing, and not a very flattering trait, if I might add. We register our success as a culture in terms of global healing, ie: how much we’re changing the world for the better. Take a look at the Nobel Laureate list and a list of Jewish inventions, and you might see some impressive trends.

You go be a Christian, and spend your day praying to your fallible, idolatrous man-god, Jesus. Go ahead and waste all your time trying to get “souls” to believe in the same worthless man-god and win more money for your church. The Jews and the atheists and every other secular or level-headed culture have got work to do. We’ve got a world to put back in order after the wreckage and carnage left behind from dangerous, proselytizing religions like yours.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post