The blind trust can lead to faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 10:53 PM
RE: The blind trust can lead to faith
(16-08-2016 10:39 PM)theBorg Wrote:  True God am not subject to the Law...

I want nothing to do with a god that can't even follow its own laws. That's one of the things I pride Myself on -- I do. I would never, ever ask someone to do something that I would not do Myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
16-08-2016, 10:55 PM
(16-08-2016 10:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  only like 2% of the Jewish population believes in Jesus.
Was it higher around 2000 years ago?
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2016, 10:55 PM
(16-08-2016 10:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  1) You are not an expert in Christianity, because you have following false knowledge: "all gods are false". 2) Not, if it is spiritual: the thermometer would not measure the temperature of a spirit. The spirits are mastering over physical reality and instruments.

There are no experts at all in Christianity -- Just millions and millions of people who have different opinions about their imaginary friend. Why do you think there are over 30,000 different versions of your silly religion? You can't even agree among yourselves.

As for your alleged god, I simply do not believe it exists. I see no evidence for it anywhere. "Spiritual" is just a fancy word for "imaginary."
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
16-08-2016, 10:57 PM
(16-08-2016 10:53 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I want nothing to do with a god that can't even follow its own laws.
Then the Law is god. Then the Law is idol: the Jesus Christ was crucified by blind followers of the Law. It is their sin.
16-08-2016, 10:58 PM
(16-08-2016 10:55 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 10:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  only like 2% of the Jewish population believes in Jesus.
Was it higher around 2000 years ago?

No, much lower. Way lower. There have always been a handful, but mainstream Jews (always close to 100%) have never been into Jesus.

Edit: There was a period of time when Jews in Spain were pretending to be Christian to avoid expulsion from the country. They were expelled anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-08-2016, 11:00 PM
(16-08-2016 10:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Then the Law is god. Then the Law is idol: the Jesus Christ was crucified by blind followers of the Law. It is their sin.

I don't even think there was a real "Jesus Christ." There may have been a mortal man who preached in Israel in that time period -- in fact, I think there were quite a few preachers roaming from town to town -- but not one of them could perform miracles and all of them died and stayed dead. The Jesus stories in the Gospels are nonsense.
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
16-08-2016, 11:08 PM
(16-08-2016 11:00 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 10:57 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Then the Law is god. Then the Law is idol: the Jesus Christ was crucified by blind followers of the Law. It is their sin.

I don't even think there was a real "Jesus Christ." There may have been a mortal man who preached in Israel in that time period -- in fact, I think there were quite a few preachers roaming from town to town -- but not one of them could perform miracles and all of them died and stayed dead. The Jesus stories in the Gospels are nonsense.

You're just having fun with this chucklehead, right? I mean, I hope you aren't trying to convert him. I , for one, would rather he stayed on the other team! FacepalmLaughat
16-08-2016, 11:09 PM
(16-08-2016 10:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  No, much lower. Way lower.
behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine (Acts 5:28).

And could not find what they might do: for all the people were very attentive to hear him. (Luke 19:48 KJV).
16-08-2016, 11:19 PM
(16-08-2016 11:08 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  You're just having fun with this chucklehead, right? I mean, I hope you aren't trying to convert him. I , for one, would rather he stayed on the other team! FacepalmLaughat

I'm mostly doing it for the benefit of the lurkers, but one never knows what kind of person is under all the religious stuff and whatnot. I think of it as planting memes, without any expectation of when, where or how they'll sprout.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
16-08-2016, 11:21 PM
(16-08-2016 11:09 PM)theBorg Wrote:  behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine (Acts 5:28).

And could not find what they might do: for all the people were very attentive to hear him. (Luke 19:48 KJV).

Well, of course the people who invented Christianity would make up a story about there being lots and lots of followers -- because they wanted to attract people to their new group. It's easier to get members if you pretend that what you're offering is already popular, even if it isn't.