The blind trust can lead to faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: The blind trust can lead to faith
Quote:I'm mostly doing it for the benefit of the lurkers, but one never knows what kind of person is under all the religious stuff and whatnot. I think of it as planting memes, without any expectation of when, where or how they'll sprout.

Understood! Thumbsup Carry on, and godspeed. Evil_monster

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2016, 11:49 PM
(16-08-2016 08:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 11:38 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I have to imagine
The Christian Holy Fathers have strongly forbidden the Christians to imagine the divine matters. The imagination of divine matters produces only mental idols.

The omnipresence is the presence in every place. Accept it as just plain scientific fact, no need to imagine this.

Well I'm not a Christian, thank God, so I'm not subject to the decrees of the holy Christian fathers and I know of no alternative but to use my imagination when considering what a theist tells me about his god. I can imagine an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being that is present in every place but how is what I'm imagining not imaginary? I'll accept its existence as fact when you or any other theist can demonstrate that it is fact, and not until then. You want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to claim it as a fact without having to demonstrate it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-08-2016, 11:58 PM
(16-08-2016 11:09 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 10:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  No, much lower. Way lower.
behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine (Acts 5:28).

And could not find what they might do: for all the people were very attentive to hear him. (Luke 19:48 KJV).

Why would I care what the new testament says? Why should that move me one bit?

Btw, I'm unfamiliar with the context of those passages. They just read like disjointed sentences. If you want me to understand your message, you'll have to make your point using the Hebrew bible as your source.
17-08-2016, 05:31 AM
(16-08-2016 10:55 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 10:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  only like 2% of the Jewish population believes in Jesus.
Was it higher around 2000 years ago?

Tell us about the Orthodox Church.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
17-08-2016, 05:57 AM
(16-08-2016 08:31 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The imagination of divine matters produces only mental idols.

A good definition of all religion.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post