The brazen atheist Taliban

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: The brazen atheist Taliban
Oh boy I love the fear mongering and nonsensical hatred to analogize movements with Islamic terms.

Why isn't it a Crusade or Inquisition against Christianity & God? Or NON-religious terminology... well that isn't as scary.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2015, 08:31 PM
(24-08-2015 04:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Your far right Christian crowd are driving the US into the ground. It'll be the most foreseeable and stupid demise of a civilisation in recorded history. In 20-30 years time when all the schmucks have succeeded and the kids who never learned evolution or critical thinking are ready to take over the important jobs and run the country... man, it'll be a fun time to be watching from the outside, that's all I know.

It kind of happened in Western Rome. Xianity proved amazingly successful in the Roman empire in the east though, lasting to May 29 1453.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-08-2015, 08:56 PM
(24-08-2015 12:32 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  ...
What a good audio clip on that site. What a nut job! separation of church and state is part of our government. get over it or try moving to an islamic state.

False dichotomy. Slippery slope.

Good rant though.

Big Grin

24-08-2015, 09:21 PM
(24-08-2015 02:53 PM)cactus Wrote:  He claims to support the first amendment, while at the same time completely ignoring the establishment clause. Is he honestly that stupid, or is he just a pathological liar? Maybe a little of both Consider

He's a republicunt. Don't go looking for logic or consistency. Just another con artist trying to get idiots to vote for him.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
26-08-2015, 06:15 AM
Quote:Mickelson asked Cruz to discuss his fight against the “brazenness of the atheist Taliban” and the fact that “anytime they furrow their brow at anyone [people] fold up and go home and give them what they want.”

He's right. I totally remember how when people said that there should be marriage equality, all of the conservative Christians just quietly went home and gave them what they wanted. I think the exact same thing happened with
  • Birth control provisions in the ACA
  • Abortion
  • Teaching evolution in science class
  • Keeping mythology out of science class
  • HPV vaccines for girls
  • The "war on Christmas"
Yeah, they just rolled over quietly, and decided to be mature and give the atheists what they wanted.

Oh wait, no. They had to be dragged through the mud, kicking and screaming the whole way, like petulant children. Nothing like historical revisionism to paint over bigotry and revanchist butthurt with a veneer of civility.

Ted Cruz Wrote:“There are these zealots — as you put it, the atheist Taliban — that seek to tear down any acknowledgment of God in the public square, and it’s contrary to our Constitution, it’s contrary to who we are as a people.”

Wait, a prominent leader of the Teahad is complaining about Talibans? Huh.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post