The calm before the storm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 09:04 AM
RE: The calm before the storm
(10-10-2017 08:59 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  My first thought when I heard him say it was that he was referring to the Mueller investigation.
Then I thought, no, that's just wishful thinking on my part: he's just not that smart.

I think he may very well have said "calm before the storm" without thinking about the implications of saying it AT ALL.

He probably said it because everyone was taking pictures and no one was asking questions.

He likes the sound of his own voice and wanted to sound "all-knowing and presidential", so he picked "calm before the storm".

Then, when he saw the immediate media frenzy it generated, he thought "wow, they took the bait, listen' to em clamour, ... now, how can I keep this going? I'll use the old 'tune in next week' trick from my TV days ...

So he say's "you'll see" a couple of times.

And sure enough, the press just hounds him, everyone's talking about it, he's gotten his nice juicy narcissistic supply for at least a few more days.

I'm not yet convinced he's smart enough to initiate chaos on purpose, but he certainly knows how to exploit it to get what he wants.

I think other than settling his scores and basking in attention he has only one strategy (which just so happens to be exactly what the Russians want Tongue ): division. Divide the people. Divide and conquer.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-10-2017, 10:02 AM
(06-10-2017 03:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's what trump said, both yesterday at dinner with military folks, and today. And he said that we would just have to wait to see what it means.

WTF?

Trump is all storm and no calm. I think he's just spouting crap to give the media something else to talk about besides all the things that make him or his administration look stupid, incompetent, or criminal.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/world...plans.html

Quote:SEOUL, South Korea — North Korean hackers stole a vast cache of data, including classified wartime contingency plans jointly drawn by the United States and South Korea, when they breached the computer network of the South Korean military last year, a South Korean lawmaker said Tuesday.
One of the plans included the South Korean military’s plan to remove the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, referred to as a “decapitation” plan, should war break out on the Korean Peninsula, the lawmaker, Rhee Cheol-hee, told reporters.

Quote:Mr. Rhee, a member of the governing Democratic Party who serves on the defense committee of the National Assembly, said he only recently learned of the scale of the North Korean hacking attack, which was first discovered in September last year.
It was not known whether any of the military’s top secrets were leaked, although Mr. Rhee said that nearly 300 lower-classification confidential documents were stolen. The military has not yet identified nearly 80 percent of the 235 gigabytes of leaked data, he said.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-10-2017, 01:39 PM
(07-10-2017 06:15 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Then when it happens and millions die on both sides he will shrug and blame "the experts" for giving him bad advice.
Whilst simultaneously accusing the media of reporting fake news (of the reports of millions dead), followed up by his boasting of killing much more Koreans than US folk who died (when you don't count the US illegal overstayers, Mexicans, Muslims and Democrats).
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-10-2017, 02:04 PM
I saw T.rump's comment yesterday, on John Oliver. It was, I think, just his motor-mouth over-revving. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2017, 03:47 PM
(11-10-2017 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/world...plans.html

Quote:SEOUL, South Korea — North Korean hackers stole a vast cache of data, including classified wartime contingency plans jointly drawn by the United States and South Korea, when they breached the computer network of the South Korean military last year, a South Korean lawmaker said Tuesday.
One of the plans included the South Korean military’s plan to remove the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, referred to as a “decapitation” plan, should war break out on the Korean Peninsula, the lawmaker, Rhee Cheol-hee, told reporters.

Quote:Mr. Rhee, a member of the governing Democratic Party who serves on the defense committee of the National Assembly, said he only recently learned of the scale of the North Korean hacking attack, which was first discovered in September last year.
It was not known whether any of the military’s top secrets were leaked, although Mr. Rhee said that nearly 300 lower-classification confidential documents were stolen. The military has not yet identified nearly 80 percent of the 235 gigabytes of leaked data, he said.

Maybe it was all false data planted to let the N Koreans hack into it and steal a lot of useless "information".
11-10-2017, 03:49 PM
(11-10-2017 03:47 PM)4321lynx Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/world...plans.html

Maybe it was all false data planted to let the N Koreans hack into it and steal a lot of useless "information".

Quite possibly.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-10-2017, 07:36 PM
(11-10-2017 03:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 03:47 PM)4321lynx Wrote:  Maybe it was all false data planted to let the N Koreans hack into it and steal a lot of useless "information".

Quite possibly.

That's very likely. Back in my Red Cross days, I had access to the network most people don't know about. The server is hosted by Homeland Security, and they have honeypot files like that. Kid got arrested for hacking into the server. While he was downloading what he thought were important files, they drove to his house.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-10-2017, 10:51 AM
(11-10-2017 07:36 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 03:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Quite possibly.

That's very likely. Back in my Red Cross days, I had access to the network most people don't know about. The server is hosted by Homeland Security, and they have honeypot files like that. Kid got arrested for hacking into the server. While he was downloading what he thought were important files, they drove to his house.

Sounds very "X-Files"ish...black sedans and all. LOL
12-10-2017, 12:29 PM
(06-10-2017 03:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's what trump said, both yesterday at dinner with military folks, and today. And he said that we would just have to wait to see what it means.

WTF?

It just popped into his head because everyone in the room was quiet. It was an errant thought. He had no explanation for it because, like everything he says, it's just a product of the stream of consciousness of a damaged, deranged brain.
[+] 4 users Like Deltabravo's post