The chariots in the red sea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2014, 08:16 PM
The chariots in the red sea?
What is up with this story I have heard? Could it be true?Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 05:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The chariots in the red sea?
(11-04-2014 08:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What is up with this story I have heard? Could it be true?Consider

Nope. "T'aint so".
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/exploringou...sists.html
Been debunked in many ways in many places.
There was no Exodus, (archaeologists know that for sure) the way it is described in the Bible. There were already settlements of Canaanites in Israel at the time it was to have happened. There may be some sort of "ancient memory" embedded in the myth, but no one knows for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPLJTAbk64
It's interesting a reference was made (In Exodus) to the "missim", (Solomon's policy of forced labor), but it may have been a literary device to insult the King, in a perverse way. From my (way too long) :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ble-Bull-s

"Just as the Confederacy is "remembered" in US history, in nostalgic terms, by the defeated, so in the time of Solomon, the Confederacy was "remembered" and many resented the changes and hated the monarchy and "remembered" the "old days" of the independent Tribal Era. The Kingdom of Solomon had come from the unification of the Tribal territories with the new territory which David had conquered in the South. Solomon was a master politician. Literally every king in the ancient Near East was his father-in-law, as he had multiple wives, and contributed to his building projects. Solomon taxed everyone, but spent more, and gave more to his tribe in Judah. He neglected the North, which already resented him for his treatment of Abiathar. Solomon did two more things which made him hated by the North. He "gerrymandered" 12 administrative "districts" which did NOT correspond to the old tribal territories, in an attempt to "confuse" the old tribal boundaries, for tax purposes, which did NOT include Judah, and he instituted a policy of "missim", or forced physical labor for his building projects. Males had to give a month a year of labor to the king. Sound familiar ? Forced labor. In the Book of Exodus, the Egyptian supervisors were named as "officers of the missim". Is it possible the words in Exodus were meant to insult Solomon, when they were later written, and specifically refer to HIM ? Hmm. When Solomon died, his son Rehoboam goes North to be crowned, and the elders ask him if he is going to continue the hated policies of Solomon, and he says "Yes". Immediately the Northern Tribes secede. The leaders of the North also stoned and killed the chief officer of the "missim". They HATED the forced labor policy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-04-2014, 09:35 PM
There doesn't seem to be any "solomon", either.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Really chariots?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-04-2014, 10:38 PM
(11-04-2014 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Really chariots?

Wheels.
(It was aliens BTW. I should know. I'm not an ancient astronaut theorist for nuthin').

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-04-2014, 10:41 PM
(11-04-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Really chariots?

Wheels.
(It was aliens BTW. I should know. I'm not an ancient astronaut theorist for nuthin').

It's always aliens. Weeping

They visit me and put thingies in my pooper.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2014, 11:06 PM
(11-04-2014 10:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wheels.

It's always aliens. Weeping

There is a reason I went into the field. They implanted chips in butts. Someone has to study them.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-04-2014, 11:38 PM
(11-04-2014 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's always aliens. Weeping

There is a reason I went into the field. They implanted chips in butts. Someone has to study them.

I don't mind the chips so much...it's the dip that's awful.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2014, 02:46 AM
(11-04-2014 11:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 11:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is a reason I went into the field. They implanted chips in butts. Someone has to study them.

I don't mind the chips so much...it's the dip that's awful.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-04-2014, 01:20 PM
(11-04-2014 08:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What is up with this story I have heard? Could it be true?Consider

There's all kinds of stuff on the bottom of the Red Sea. Sunken boats, ships, cars, motorcycles, pottery, cannons..... It's a great destination for folks who want to go deep sea diving around old shipwrecks. Some of the stuff down there are wheels from skip engines that look kinda like a chariot wheel but their only 100 years old or so. Believers get all excited about this stuff and see chariot wheels every where they look. These are dumb, stupid and simple minded idiots. Pay them no heed.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post