The chariots in the red sea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: The chariots in the red sea?
(12-04-2014 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  What is up with this story I have heard? Could it be true?Consider

There's all kinds of stuff on the bottom of the Red Sea. Sunken boats, ships, cars, motorcycles, pottery, cannons..... It's a great destination for folks who want to go deep sea diving around old shipwrecks. Some of the stuff down there are wheels from skip engines that look kinda like a chariot wheel but their only 100 years old or so. Believers get all excited about this stuff and see chariot wheels every where they look. These are dumb, stupid and simple minded idiots. Pay them no heed.

Exactly, confirmation bias.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
I've read about this. Even if these were chariot wheels from that era, which is more probable: They are the actual wheels from the chariots in the bible story or they are from a shipwreck or they were just dumped in the sea because they were old and worn out?

Who is it, John Loftus, who defines faith as an irrational leap over the probabilities. This is a prime example. Don't even consider the most likely answers and assert that it must be evidence for the most improbable of all the alternatives.

Faith is a mind destroying disease.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
12-04-2014, 04:39 PM
(11-04-2014 10:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wheels.
(It was aliens BTW. I should know. I'm not an ancient astronaut theorist for nuthin').

It's always aliens. Weeping

They visit me and put thingies in my pooper.

Yeah. Same thing happened to the virgin Mary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post