The children they are our future...teach them well...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2010, 12:13 AM

The children they are our future...teach them well...
Quote:Midland School District Vice President Clint McCance wrote on his personal Facebook page that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, according to The Advocate, a newspaper focusing on gay news. McCance used the terms "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they were gay, and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] often give each other AIDS and die."

CNN:Arkansas officials condemn anti-gay comments on Facebook
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2010, 01:04 AM
RE: The children they are our future...teach them well...
Does literacy count at all in Bible Belt states' educational systems? Apparently not. Judging by this, all you need in order to be appointed to the board of a School District is "sound" Christian values and an unrelenting hatred of homosexual teenage "sinners". If belligerent idiots like this one are supposed to be in charge of education, then I'm afraid to even think what the "educated" people of Arkansas are like.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2010, 01:29 AM
This is terrible. Someone in that kind of power having that kind of severe lack of compassion is a sign of "DOING IT WRONG". If he's not ejected from his position then I fear for America. Such a cruel man.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
29-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Well, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective), he has a right to his opinion as a private citizen. It would be one thing if he worked in the private sector, but he does not. So, unless someone can point to something specific he did in his job that violated a law or a rule, there ain't diddly anyone can do about this.

And, to be honest, I prefer it that way. I'd rather have the morons of the worlds have protected speech then have government deciding which speech is ok and which speech is not.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Freedom of speech is a double edged sword. It can be used to condemn tyranny or to promote it. Freedom of speech without resposibility is dangerous, but so is repression of those freedoms. Human beings cannot be trusted with repressing speech in a positive way, because of the corruption of power that occurs when there is power. This leaves freedom of speech as the least dangerous choice.
30-10-2010, 12:50 AM
That's very true, and I take back what I said (even though I learned he has resigned). Still, I can't believe how people could have such bigoted opinions. It makes you wonder what makes people so passionate in their hatred, enough so even to enjoy the thought of AIDS. It really sickens me, but, again I agree, I would fight for his right to be able to say such a terrible thing. Doesn't mean I wouldn't use that right myself to call him the bigoted buffoon he is, though. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
30-10-2010, 02:09 PM
(30-10-2010 12:50 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  That's very true, and I take back what I said (even though I learned he has resigned). Still, I can't believe how people could have such bigoted opinions. It makes you wonder what makes people so passionate in their hatred, enough so even to enjoy the thought of AIDS. It really sickens me, but, again I agree, I would fight for his right to be able to say such a terrible thing. Doesn't mean I wouldn't use that right myself to call him the bigoted buffoon he is, though. Tongue

He doesn't have a right to say such a terrible thing. The problem is that when you take away freedom of speech you take away the rights of responsible people, too. If the government could be trusted to only squash hate statements, that would be good, but unfortunately power corrupts and that could start a runaway train that runs over everyone.
31-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Ugh, what a moronic, disgusting man. But BnW is right, he has every right to an opinion, no matter how disgusting we may think it is (and he is). Would I like him to lose his position? Hell yeah, but he has the right to keep it.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert