The coming Russian Theocracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: The coming Russian Theocracy
(23-10-2013 10:08 AM)Heathen Wrote:  theocracy
a form of government in which God or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler, the God's or deity's laws being interpreted by the ecclesiastical authorities.

In the case of Russia, it is the Kremlin doing the interpreting. I'm not making the case that Russia IS a theocracy, just that it bears watching. Insert a puppet "ecclesiastical authority" class and you're pretty on your way to a theocracy.

Quote:In all ages hypocrites, called priests, have put crowns on the heads of thieves, called kings.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll (1884)

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-10-2013, 09:51 PM
(24-10-2013 09:12 AM)I and I Wrote:  "anti-gay" legislation

Nicel loaded trigger phrase to surely cream the panties of politically correct west.

Lets explore what this phrase means.

Does it mean that it is illegal to be gay? If so, then provide evidence.

Random, non related question. If me and my friends wanted to have a "we love pussy " parade or write articles expressing our love for pussy. Do you feel that this would be necessary or beneficial for society for our sexual tastes to be a parade or a magazine?

I would like an answer to that random non related to the topic question.

Browse some of the stories here for some background:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/russia-anti-gay/

But this gives an overview of the new law:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11...21454.html
Quote:The legislation will impose hefty fines for providing information about the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community to minors or holding gay pride rallies. Those breaking the law will be fined up to 5,000 rubles ($156) for an individual and up to 1 million rubles ($31,000) for a company, including media organizations.

The law bans speech that is about the topic of homosexuality. Writing an article that says gay couples should be afforded equal rights would be illegal in Russia. Simply holding a rally protesting this law is illegal.

Quote:Does it mean that it is illegal to be gay? If so, then provide evidence.
Did somebody make this argument? Or was that just the voices in your head again?
24-10-2013, 10:58 PM
(24-10-2013 09:51 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(24-10-2013 09:12 AM)I and I Wrote:  "anti-gay" legislation

Nicel loaded trigger phrase to surely cream the panties of politically correct west.

Lets explore what this phrase means.

Does it mean that it is illegal to be gay? If so, then provide evidence.

Random, non related question. If me and my friends wanted to have a "we love pussy " parade or write articles expressing our love for pussy. Do you feel that this would be necessary or beneficial for society for our sexual tastes to be a parade or a magazine?

I would like an answer to that random non related to the topic question.

Browse some of the stories here for some background:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/russia-anti-gay/

But this gives an overview of the new law:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/11...21454.html
Quote:The legislation will impose hefty fines for providing information about the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community to minors or holding gay pride rallies. Those breaking the law will be fined up to 5,000 rubles ($156) for an individual and up to 1 million rubles ($31,000) for a company, including media organizations.

The law bans speech that is about the topic of homosexuality. Writing an article that says gay couples should be afforded equal rights would be illegal in Russia. Simply holding a rally protesting this law is illegal.

Quote:Does it mean that it is illegal to be gay? If so, then provide evidence.
Did somebody make this argument? Or was that just the voices in your head again?

So the legislation does not ban being gay, meaning, one can be gay and live a normal life like any straight person.. What exactly is your beef with the legislation?
24-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Again, why is it necessary for citizen A to let citizen b know that citizen A loves cock up his ass. Why is this modern anti-privacy necessary at all?

So you can't write in publications what sex positions you like. Big fucking deal.
25-10-2013, 02:24 AM
(24-10-2013 11:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  Again, why is it necessary for citizen A to let citizen b know that citizen A loves cock up his ass. Why is this modern anti-privacy necessary at all?

So you can't write in publications what sex positions you like. Big fucking deal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-10-2013, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 05:19 AM by Free Thought.)
(21-10-2013 08:47 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Christopher Hitchens spoke a number of times about the concerning role of the Orthodox Church in Russian government. George W Bush 'looked into Putin's soul' and what he connected to was Putin's wearing a religious symbol on the day the two met. Putin very well could have been playing Bush, but if there is any doubt the role religion has on Russian governance, one needs look no further than recent anti-gay legislation passed in Russia.

Listen to Hitchens's warning. No doubt he would have much to say about recent Russian legislative obsession on stamping out homosexuality.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It is almost like the Russians like being under the heel of the proverbial jackboot.

First the uncompromising Tsars, then the all-powerful Soviets, then after a tiny gap, Putin, whom I cannot tell if he will end up as a modern Tsar, the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet, both, or something new and worse.
Or maybe, just maybe, he might turn out as something ultimately good.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-10-2013, 06:08 AM
(25-10-2013 05:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 08:47 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Christopher Hitchens spoke a number of times about the concerning role of the Orthodox Church in Russian government. George W Bush 'looked into Putin's soul' and what he connected to was Putin's wearing a religious symbol on the day the two met. Putin very well could have been playing Bush, but if there is any doubt the role religion has on Russian governance, one needs look no further than recent anti-gay legislation passed in Russia.

Listen to Hitchens's warning. No doubt he would have much to say about recent Russian legislative obsession on stamping out homosexuality.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It is almost like the Russians like being under the heel of the proverbial jackboot.

First the uncompromising Tsars, then the all-powerful Soviets, then after a tiny gap, Putin, whom I cannot tell if he will end up as a modern Tsar, the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet, both, or something new and worse.
Or maybe, just maybe, he might turn out as something ultimately good.

I know, it's like they enjoy and keep allowing their government to spy on them or pass legislation that says their government can assassinate them at any time at the request of the president. What kind of dumb motherfuckers would keep voting people like that into power?
25-10-2013, 07:23 AM
(24-10-2013 11:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  Again, why is it necessary for citizen A to let citizen b know that citizen A loves cock up his ass. Why is this modern anti-privacy necessary at all?

*Pinches cheek*

Well aren't you just precious, trivializing any action the Russian government does. Laughat

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
25-10-2013, 09:51 AM
(25-10-2013 07:23 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

*Pinches cheek*

Well aren't you just precious, trivializing any action the Russian government does. Laughat

"Any" as in the only one we are talking about?

Any insight as to why sexual tastes shouldn't be a private matter?
25-10-2013, 10:00 AM
(25-10-2013 09:51 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 07:23 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  *Pinches cheek*

"Any" as in the only one we are talking about?

Any insight as to why sexual tastes shouldn't be a private matter?

You're an idiot. Why would making it so a discriminated minority would lose the ability to even publicly claim membership to this group under fear of imprisonment be bad hmmm lets think. One cannot even try and redress the blatant discrimination because now it is illegal to even bring it up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post