The coming Russian Theocracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: The coming Russian Theocracy
(25-10-2013 10:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 09:51 AM)I and I Wrote:  "Any" as in the only one we are talking about?

Any insight as to why sexual tastes shouldn't be a private matter?

You're an idiot. Why would making it so a discriminated minority would lose the ability to even publicly claim membership to this group under fear of imprisonment be bad hmmm lets think. One cannot even try and redress the blatant discrimination because now it is illegal to even bring it up.

The legislation says you can't publish your sexual tastes. Again, answer the question: WHY IS IT NECESSARY FOR A SOCIETY TO HAVE PEOPLES SEXUAL TASTES BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE?

You do know that the legislation doesn't ban being gay right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 11:25 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(25-10-2013 10:28 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:00 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You're an idiot. Why would making it so a discriminated minority would lose the ability to even publicly claim membership to this group under fear of imprisonment be bad hmmm lets think. One cannot even try and redress the blatant discrimination because now it is illegal to even bring it up.

The legislation says you can't publish your sexual tastes. Again, answer the question: WHY IS IT NECESSARY FOR A SOCIETY TO HAVE PEOPLES SEXUAL TASTES BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE?

You are asking the wrong question. The question shouldn't be "is it necessary" but "should it be banned?" What is the justification for banning it? Should governments be allowed to ban the dissemination of certain topics just because it's not necessary to discuss them?

[Image: giphy.gif]
25-10-2013, 06:55 PM
(25-10-2013 11:16 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 10:28 AM)I and I Wrote:  The legislation says you can't publish your sexual tastes. Again, answer the question: WHY IS IT NECESSARY FOR A SOCIETY TO HAVE PEOPLES SEXUAL TASTES BE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE?

You are asking the wrong question. The question shouldn't be "is it necessary" but "should it be banned?" What is the justification for banning it? Should governments be allowed to ban the dissemination of certain topics just because it's not necessary to discuss them?

Cool.

Your personal thoughts on the issue.... Is it necessary for society for people to discuss their sexual tastes in a public setting?
25-10-2013, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2013 07:10 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(25-10-2013 06:55 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 11:16 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You are asking the wrong question. The question shouldn't be "is it necessary" but "should it be banned?" What is the justification for banning it? Should governments be allowed to ban the dissemination of certain topics just because it's not necessary to discuss them?

Cool.

Your personal thoughts on the issue.... Is it necessary for society for people to discuss their sexual tastes in a public setting?

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck if it's necessary or not? People should have the right to publicly discuss topics that aren't "necessary," no?

All I'm interested in is whether a topic is one of the few in which a legitimate justification for banning its discussion could be presented. What is the Russian government's justification for banning public discussion of homosexuality?

Unless you are arguing that it being "unnecessary" is a justification for banning its discussion, your question is a red herring.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
30-10-2013, 07:57 PM
(25-10-2013 07:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 06:55 PM)I and I Wrote:  Cool.

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck if it's necessary or not? People should have the right to publicly discuss topics that aren't "necessary," no?

All I'm interested in is whether a topic is one of the few in which a legitimate justification for banning its discussion could be presented. What is the Russian government's justification for banning public discussion of homosexuality?

Unless you are arguing that it being "unnecessary" is a justification for banning its discussion, your question is a red herring.

Why should it be a "right" to publicly state ones sexual tastes? Have you ever written an article explaining how you would like to have sexual with your girlfriend? Do you feel oppressed for not doing so?
30-10-2013, 08:10 PM
IandI,

Can you clarify where you stand on this subject.

Do people have the right to declare that they are heterosexual (without going into details about specific sexual acts)?

Do people have the right to declare that they are homosexual ( without going into detail about specific sexual acts)?

Do people have the right to show public affection such as
1. holding hands
2. kissing
if they people are
a. of opposite gender
b. of the same gender
(these are 4 questions, 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b)

btw all my answers would be yes
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
30-10-2013, 10:32 PM
(30-10-2013 07:57 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(25-10-2013 07:02 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Honestly, who gives a flying fuck if it's necessary or not? People should have the right to publicly discuss topics that aren't "necessary," no?

Why should it be a "right" to publicly state ones sexual tastes? Have you ever written an article explaining how you would like to have sexual with your girlfriend? Do you feel oppressed for not doing so?

(30-10-2013 10:09 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why is an atheist defending a theocratic oppressive government?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-10-2013, 12:17 AM
(30-10-2013 10:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 07:57 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why should it be a "right" to publicly state ones sexual tastes? Have you ever written an article explaining how you would like to have sexual with your girlfriend? Do you feel oppressed for not doing so?

(30-10-2013 10:09 PM)I and I Wrote:  Why is an atheist defending a theocratic oppressive government?

Russia is a theocratic government? When did this happen?
31-10-2013, 04:47 PM
(30-10-2013 08:10 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  IandI,

Do people have the right to declare that they are heterosexual (without going into details about specific sexual acts)?

Do people have the right to declare that they are homosexual ( without going into detail about specific sexual acts)?

1. holding hands
2. kissing
if they people are
a. of opposite gender
b. of the same gender

Why would anyone need to declare to anyone their sexual orientation? Has anyone here on this forum felt the need to do so? Is telling total strangers that you like a cock up your ass necessary? I know that society teaches us that this is a " right". But nobody here can explain why they feel it should be a right. The standard conservative and liberal people make a big deal out of this but this is a distraction.

THE ESTABLISHMENT WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE ONES SEXUAL ORIENTATION BE AN ISSUE, RATHER THAN THAT PERSONS POLITICAL VIEWS. One does not and cannot disturb the establishments power by stating that one likes cock, however if this person starting showing the complete and total failure of modern capitalism......well he is a just a loony for saying things like that. Gay and straight people should have the right politically challenge the establishment, if they can't do that and are reduced to talking about benign mundane sexual tastes then that accomplishes nothing.

What about gay and straight peoples wages losing buying power while wages are not going up?
31-10-2013, 05:45 PM
(31-10-2013 04:47 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 08:10 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  IandI,

1. holding hands
2. kissing
if they people are
a. of opposite gender
b. of the same gender

Why would anyone need to declare to anyone their sexual orientation? Has anyone here on this forum felt the need to do so? Is telling total strangers that you like a cock up your ass necessary? I know that society teaches us that this is a " right". But nobody here can explain why they feel it should be a right. The standard conservative and liberal people make a big deal out of this but this is a distraction.

THE ESTABLISHMENT WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE ONES SEXUAL ORIENTATION BE AN ISSUE, RATHER THAN THAT PERSONS POLITICAL VIEWS. One does not and cannot disturb the establishments power by stating that one likes cock, however if this person starting showing the complete and total failure of modern capitalism......well he is a just a loony for saying things like that. Gay and straight people should have the right politically challenge the establishment, if they can't do that and are reduced to talking about benign mundane sexual tastes then that accomplishes nothing.

What about gay and straight peoples wages losing buying power while wages are not going up?

It's called freedom of speech.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post