The common factor of all marriages; theist, atheist and else

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 04:57 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
RE: The common factor of all marriages; theist, atheist and else
(29-12-2016 10:55 AM)KerimF Wrote:  It seems that every time I give the readers here a chance to think for a while, I look to most of them as a bad guy (if not much worse Wink ).
Oh that's 'cause you're a cunt mate. I thought that was common knowledge.

(29-12-2016 10:55 AM)KerimF Wrote:  This reminds me when I was much younger and used giving private lessons....
It really shouldn't since we never asked you to come here and try to "give us a lesson", so make your fucking point already you pedantic lil' shit.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
29-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Kerim, IMO literally the only factor that should be present in all marriages is a non-coerced desire to be in that marriage. Everything else is negotiable. If either party does not want to be in the marriage, for any reason whatsoever, the best thing to do is to cancel the wedding (or to get an annulment or divorce, if the marriage has already taken place).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
29-12-2016, 06:07 PM
(29-12-2016 10:10 AM)KerimF Wrote:  On my previous thread, many of you explored already and in details the possible differences between theist’s and atheist’s marriages.

I wonder now if we will agree on a common factor (one in the least) that should be fulfilled in all marriages in the world.

We probably won't.

But if I were to toss out an idea, I'd say that one common factor that should be fulfilled by all marriages in the world, is that the marital relationship be satisfactory to the individuals comprising the marriage. In particular, entering into and then maintaining the marriage should be completely voluntary, a decision that one makes for oneself and with one's spouse, free of any duress, coercion, manipulation, or pressure.

EDIT: .... and Astreja beat me to it. By three and a half hours.
Find all posts by this user