The complexity of modern day life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2011, 10:59 PM
RE: The complexity of modern day life
That's of course easily the case in many instances, from staying awake to catch up with drama to sitting in front of a screen all day. Plenty of people have gotten to the point where they will forget to eat, sleep, or do one of many other actual necessities due to being caught up with the fast paced lifestyles we have now.

The sleep issue is becoming very serious thanks to the internet.

I actually feel that people are very prone to ignore the basics though, as the desire for superiority lends to the desire for complexity.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2011, 12:53 AM

(20-08-2011 10:59 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  the desire for superiority lends to the desire for complexity.

Interesting observation, Lilith. I have not seen it stated this way before, but it makes sense: how else could we one-up each other (genetic imperative)?

Complexity gives us an edge in the short run. In the long run, we will self-destruct at the end. Like drug-addiction, there is always a price to pay.
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2011, 03:15 AM
IMO. Over-information and over-stimulus is what gives people the anxiety of todays life. Out world view is way to skewed to be realistic. Only... we might know that it is, but we don't really realize it. let alone we realize how MUCH it's skewed.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
21-08-2011, 11:40 AM
It seems to me a lot of people give up and stop their ears with loud music or slogans, or chewing gum or prayer. Just listen to that video in the hate America thread: those people simply throw up their hands and don't know.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.