The compliment thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-04-2012, 10:23 PM
The compliment thread
So I had this idea the EXACT same day KC posted his "what I think of you" thread. I think it's kinda bullsh*t that KC has me under surveillance and is stealing my ideas.

...so ...stop it.

But I was noticing that people can be very negative on this forum, so instead of KC complimenting people who post, let's have everyone post something they like about another forum member.

ONLY compliments and as many as you want. Even text on a screen can improve someone's day.

I shall start. Ahem.

I like the slightly understandable craziness of HoC. He's kinda like the gang member you introduce to the new guy first so they you scare the sh*t out them and put them on their toes. Theists come here thinking they know what to expect, and they get sideswiped by a soliloquy about a turtle eating a ham sandwich.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Buddy Christ's post
08-04-2012, 10:47 PM
RE: The compliment thread
I like the mod staff, I think it's fantastic that you all are able to review things and see things from a neutral standpoint, even if we don't all agree on the same points so the forum can continue having the conversations we do. Sometimes they can be difficult, controversial, sometimes people can be negative, but it's being able to sort those things out between members that allows us to figure it all out and even share with one another. So thank you for providing this place for us. It is a choice to run a website, it is a choice to moderate and it is a choice to log on every day and do what you do. So thank you for that.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
08-04-2012, 11:23 PM
My Gwynnies!

Blush

There was all day Gwynnies today. Can't do that too often. But that's what I like, being able to rant about my Gwynnies often; I'm dumb like that. Compliment a forum member? I like Sarah - link right now - and that I can play not liking Hughsie cause of it. It's silly. Too much reality is a downer. There's a lot of things I like about this place; if this thread sticks around, I'll hafta like some more stuff tomorrow. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I love how Observer gives positive atheism awards to forum members, which I think Buddy Christ deserves for this thread.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
09-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Well I like all of you, that's the first thing I'm gonna say. And I mean it, we really do have an incredible bunch of people here.

Special mentions go to;

I love the rapport with FSM_scot, Aurora, Erxomai, Lucradis, DeepThought, Kingschosen and GirlyMan. You all have incredible senses of humour.
I just love Observer, I'm sure everyone agrees with me here, the guy is just too awesome for words.
I love messaging Sarah, really brightens my day Smile.
And most of all I love Stark, DeepThought, Unbeliever and Lucradis for making this place what it is today.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 8 users Like Hughsie's post
09-04-2012, 12:30 AM
(09-04-2012 12:26 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  I love messaging Sarah, really brightens my day Smile.

We're gonna have words. Angry

Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-04-2012, 12:37 AM
The following people have made a positive impact on my life in some way since joining TTA:-

Boys - Erx, Girly, Hughsie, HoC, Stark, FSM, Lucradis, Observer, Deep Thought, Hamatak, Mr Woof, Buddy, Morondog
Girls - LJ, Kim, Lilith, Leela, Dom

This is not a definitive list and I do like many others...

And what Hughsie said... Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
09-04-2012, 03:01 AM
My special recognitions for now go to:

Observer: For some reason I feel very comfortable when I read his posts. I don't even know why.
Erxomai: Gives me good lauges when he falls off his chair or shows us his new Darth Vader mask. Great humor and seems so relaxed.
HoC: Because he is HoC. Hail to the Gwynnies Wink

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Leela's post
09-04-2012, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 05:33 AM by Anjele.)
I like everyone that posted above as well as everyone listed above. You are all smart and funny and have been very welcoming.

I learn something everyday and I laugh everyday thanks to your posts.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
09-04-2012, 05:20 AM
DLJ is amazingly creative, intelligent, and that anagram thread was incredibly entertaining.

Erxomai never fails to make me laugh out loud and spill my drink. He owes me a new keyboard.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 5 users Like Smooshmonster's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink The Random Acts of Kindness Thread Percepticon 22 1,128 31-03-2014 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dean J. Smith
  The "paying it forward" thread Bucky Ball 30 1,427 05-06-2013 09:43 AM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  The hash out thread kingschosen 18 880 01-08-2012 02:49 PM
Last Post: lucradis
  Forum-easter-drink picture-thread 2012 Leela 27 1,895 12-04-2012 12:51 AM
Last Post: Erxomai