The concept of forgiveness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: The concept of forgiveness
I don't forgive easily. Particularly not when the offense is major.

In time, I will eventually let something go in the sense that it doesn't bother me anymore. But that doesn't mean it's forgotten (overall), nor does it mean it's forgiven. To this day, there's shit I don't worry about anymore, but I still refuse to see the people who have made the transgression. If they came back into my life, they would be shunned. Just because I'm over the corrosive effects of the cancerous tumor doesn't mean I want it put back inside me. What's more, even if they are still a part of my life, my view of them will be permanently altered. (This tends to happen when someone is a serious dick to me. No matter how long ago it was, they were a dick that one time, and I like them a little less as a result)

In the end, I "get over" things. We all do. But I also avoid the perpetrator because they did a shitty thing, and I don't like people who do shitty things to me.

NOTE: I'd mention that it also depends on the who, the what, the when and the why, but I don't want to complicate things.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply