The contradictory God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 11:38 AM
The contradictory God.
So I'm thinking there should be a god that I make up - acknowledging that it is in fact not real - and observes several of the classical arguments from which makes it impossible to exist.

But I want it to be really simple.

Something like, "There is this god I know about who doesn't exist, but I'm here not to convert people into believing it exists, but more to bend believers minds into how near identical it is to all the other gods out there, including theirs". Oh, and that it not be about pantheism at all - just anthropomorphic gods.

I'm sort of worried I'd be biting off more than I can chew with this idea.

It sort of feels like the beginning of the joke "A Catholic, a Jew and a Muslim all walk into a bar"...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 03:08 PM by Paleophyte.)
RE: The contradictory God.
Well, there's already Pastafarianism, Last Thursdayism or, for comedic value, Sithrak (NSFW).

Or you could worship The One True Pancake (Thou shall partake of the sacrament of the body of The One True Pancake only with the Blood of the Tree. Thou shalt not partake of the Auntie Jemima.)
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
21-12-2013, 04:29 PM
(21-12-2013 03:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Well, there's already Pastafarianism, Last Thursdayism or, for comedic value, Sithrak (NSFW).

Or you could worship The One True Pancake (Thou shall partake of the sacrament of the body of The One True Pancake only with the Blood of the Tree. Thou shalt not partake of the Auntie Jemima.)

Even better, you could worship Bacon! And here's a Bacon Church everyone can attend which was started by Penn Jillette.... Join now!

http://unitedchurchofbacon.com/worship-b...ry-sunday/

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
22-12-2013, 12:07 AM
The God that does not exist essentially represents the egocentric views of god botherers who take all religious writ on it's face value. By jumbling up history, poetry, myth, psychology, law,ethics, and a form of existentialism, the result is a paradoxical,irrational, and at times dangerous mish mash.

This is not to say that a cosmic existential all embracing ethical system is not possible.