The cost of Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 12:50 PM

The cost of Christianity
Hi all,

Brief disclosure, I am an atheist but not here to get into bun fights. Been there, done that, not interested.

I do want to raise a point about the cost of Christianity to the western world. In particular I live in Canada, but I'm sure this holds true for the US etc.

I do not think that Christianity ever has a chance of winning the day. That's not because I am an atheist its just that human beings have an inherent need to seek truth and derive meaning from truth - however they articulate or formulate that. That's why in the US, Christians are becoming mistrusted people in society. That's not going to change. Again, not an Atheist point, just a point.

However, Christians main point of attack has been on Atheists. I realize that in the heat of debate silly things are said, Atheists are demonized, described as immoral because of the NT, etc etc. And this has had an effect on society, you have had an impact. I think that's been seen in gay marriage etc.

Here is the rub. People are not turning to Christianity, they never will. Instead Atheism is filling the void. I predict that within 20 years the UK will be an Atheist state. I don't know about the US. If you want to know what that will look like, take a look at Sweden and Denmark. This is the cost of gaining knowledge of truth. You are trading Christianity for Truth.

Of course Atheism will continue and perhaps even thrive. Historically, it is when we are marginalized, and persecuted that Atheism is refined, becomes what it was meant to be, and grows. But what will society look like? Your attacks on Christianity will not be met with the same non-violent response that you have received from Atheism. This is all at the cost of Christianity,

THANK God....
Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 12:55 PM
RE: The cost of Christianity
Christianman, is that you? Praise Einstein. You saw the light!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
29-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Christianman's post from a few days ago:

Quote:The cost of atheism
Hi all,

Brief disclosure, I am a christian but not here to get into bun fights. Been there, done that, not interested.

I do want to raise a point about the cost of atheism to the western world. In particular I live in the UK, but I'm sure this holds true for the US etc.

I do not think that atheism ever has a chance of winning the day. Thats not because I am a christian its just that human beings have an inherent need to worship and derive meaning from God - however they articulate or formulate that. Thats why in the US Atheists are the most mistrusted people in society. Thats not going to change. Again, not a christian point, just a point.

However, atheists main point of attack has been on christianity. I realise that in the heat of debate silly things are said, christians are demonised, described as violent because of the OT, etc etc. And this has had an effect on society, you have had an impact. I think thats been seen in gay marriage etc.

Here is the rub. People are not turning to atheism, they never will. Instead Islam is filling the void. I predict that within 20 years the UK will be an Islamic state. I don't know about the US. If you want to know what that will look like, take a look at the Calaphate. This is the cost of atheism. You are trading Christianity for Islam.

Of course Christianity will continue and perhaps even thrive. Historically, it is when we are marginalised, and persecuted that the church is refined, becomes what it was meant to be, and grows. But what will society look like? Your attacks on Islam them will not be met with the same non-violent response that you have received from christians. This is the cost of atheism.

So what's up with that?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-08-2014, 01:00 PM
(29-08-2014 12:50 PM)CONVERSIONTUBE Wrote:  Hi all,

Brief disclosure, I am an atheist but not here to get into bun fights. Been there, done that, not interested.

I do want to raise a point about the cost of Christianity to the western world. In particular I live in Canada, but I'm sure this holds true for the US etc.

I do not think that Christianity ever has a chance of winning the day. That's not because I am an atheist its just that human beings have an inherent need to seek truth and derive meaning from truth - however they articulate or formulate that. That's why in the US, Christians are becoming mistrusted people in society. That's not going to change. Again, not an Atheist point, just a point.

However, Christians main point of attack has been on Atheists. I realize that in the heat of debate silly things are said, Atheists are demonized, described as immoral because of the NT, etc etc. And this has had an effect on society, you have had an impact. I think that's been seen in gay marriage etc.

Here is the rub. People are not turning to Christianity, they never will. Instead Atheism is filling the void. I predict that within 20 years the UK will be an Atheist state. I don't know about the US. If you want to know what that will look like, take a look at Sweden and Denmark. This is the cost of gaining knowledge of truth. You are trading Christianity for Truth.

Of course Atheism will continue and perhaps even thrive. Historically, it is when we are marginalized, and persecuted that Atheism is refined, becomes what it was meant to be, and grows. But what will society look like? Your attacks on Christianity will not be met with the same non-violent response that you have received from Atheism. This is all at the cost of Christianity,

THANK God....

Atheist and atheism are not proper nouns.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Telemarketers. Same message, slightly different accent. Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
29-08-2014, 01:10 PM

THANK God....

ahhh christianman changed teams..... Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)

When I read the other post I thought wouldn't it be fun to change a few words around and see how it sounds. Was fun, I enjoyed that. I guess we can all see how void those expressons are without Citation.
Quote this message in a reply

THANK God....
I read the title and thought you were going to bring up all the friggin collections they take up from their members. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
29-08-2014, 01:12 PM
(29-08-2014 01:10 PM)CONVERSIONTUBE Wrote:  When I read the other post I thought wouldn't it be fun to change a few words around and see how it sounds. Was fun, I enjoyed that. I guess we can all see how void those expressons are without Citation.

Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
29-08-2014, 01:17 PM
[Image: 091114-suspicious-cat.jpg]

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 2 users Like Kemasyn's post