The cost of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: The cost of atheism
(27-08-2014 11:52 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:50 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I believe this is on the West Wing.

I couldn't find the original to this post. But my advice would be to leave Judaism and become a Christian then it won't be an issue for you.
Does not help the situation at all, Jesus said you still have to follow the old rules (Matthew 5:17).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
(27-08-2014 11:45 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bullshit.
Works fine for me, and countless others. YOU said morality comes from religion, and that's a good thing. THAT IS "utilitarian", if that is true. Please grow a brain, soon.

Bucky, I don't know if you caught my other post so I will repeat it here. I find you rude and unpleasant. You seem link a very angry and unhappy man. I don't think atheism is working for you. I will not engage with you again as you seem incapable of being civil.

Of course you won't. You can't answer my questions. Cop out. Won't stop me from posting. You have nothing to offer anyway. Jebus told you not to judge. Yet here you are telling someone you don't know they are unhappy. Why is it you know better than your Jebus ? I'm hardly unhappy or angry. I see this "you are unhappy .... " schtick is you patheitc MO. Atheism seem to be working better for me than your belief for you. At least I can suppiort what I say with FACTS. You have nothing to support anything you say. Oh well another believer who knows nothing about the actual origins of their cult, spouting biggoted opinions as the wishes and stance of his gods. Yawn. How boring and mundane.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
(27-08-2014 11:52 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:50 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I believe this is on the West Wing.

I couldn't find the original to this post. But my advice would be to leave Judaism and become a Christian then it won't be an issue for you.

huh? Huh This is from your book, buddy.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-08-2014, 11:58 AM
(27-08-2014 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  You need a thicker skin, dude. Drinking Beverage
He should be turning the other cheek, at the very least. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
(27-08-2014 06:59 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  Hi all,

Brief disclosure, I am a christian but not here to get into bun fights. Been there, done that, not interested.

I do want to raise a point about the cost of atheism to the western world. In particular I live in the UK, but I'm sure this holds true for the US etc.

I do not think that atheism ever has a chance of winning the day. Thats not because I am a christian its just that human beings have an inherent need to worship and derive meaning from God - however they articulate or formulate that. Thats why in the US Atheists are the most mistrusted people in society. Thats not going to change. Again, not a christian point, just a point.

However, atheists main point of attack has been on christianity. I realise that in the heat of debate silly things are said, christians are demonised, described as violent because of the OT, etc etc. And this has had an effect on society, you have had an impact. I think thats been seen in gay marriage etc.

Here is the rub. People are not turning to atheism, they never will. Instead Islam is filling the void. I predict that within 20 years the UK will be an Islamic state. I don't know about the US. If you want to know what that will look like, take a look at the Calaphate. This is the cost of atheism. You are trading Christianity for Islam.

Of course Christianity will continue and perhaps even thrive. Historically, it is when we are marginalised, and persecuted that the church is refined, becomes what it was meant to be, and grows. But what will society look like? Your attacks on Islam them will not be met with the same non-violent response that you have received from christians. This is the cost of atheism.

Welcome, now let me school you. 1) religiosity worldwide is on the decline. 2nd fastest group on the incline is atheism. 2) do some research, there is a well studied and documented direct correlation between religiosity and low rankings in regards to quality of life, familial relationships, crime, teen pregnancy, medical issues etc. Example, enjoying the highest tier of ranked civilizations in these areas are the Scandinavian countries, secular, and highest quality of life. Direct contrast, what is the most religious country in the world? Muslim countries, guess who is at the very bottom of civilization rankings?

Morals - Only .07% of US prisoners are atheist, the largest group? Christians. 35% of US population is non religious, yet we only have .07% of the prison population. 50-55% of US is some version of Christianity, they enjoy about 80% of the US prison population. How does religious morals go again?

You are lucky I am at work and not home with access to my data bases or I would deluge you with facts/statistics and cited references.

Suffice it to say that not only does religion seek to control and subjugate everyone, but it is indeed bad for your physical and emotional health. Your delusion of choice is not only sad, but easily dismantled. I can topple your fairy tale like a pile of dominoes. Feel free to enter a debate with me and I will mop the floor with your ass.

How about we figure out the cost of Christianity to the world? The absolute disgusting brain washing child abusive system that you think makes sense because you happen to be a fan of it, only because you are either too uneducated, too gullible, or unintelligent to see through it.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
(27-08-2014 11:00 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  Bucky, diversion to my grammar will not hold as a valid answer to my question, to which of course you have no valid answer.

We have had a completed Bible for 2000 years now, unchanged.

That statement is not even remotely true. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Why do you say we do not have a set moral standard? Do not murder, do no lie, do not steel, ring any bells? My stance here on homosexuality is based on the Bible, so I have no clue what you are on about.

You can base your opinion on the Bible, but not everyone does. Do you think your opinion is more valid?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
(27-08-2014 11:52 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  I couldn't find the original to this post. But my advice would be to leave Judaism and become a Christian then it won't be an issue for you.

Ah, I see, another troll has joined the forum... Rolleyes What kind of crappy lives do you guys have, that trolling us counts as fun?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2014, 12:00 PM
(27-08-2014 11:13 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  But, biblically a gay lifestyle is immoral, and Christ offers a better way.

What way is that, pray tell? Consider

27-08-2014, 12:03 PM
(27-08-2014 11:56 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:52 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  I couldn't find the original to this post. But my advice would be to leave Judaism and become a Christian then it won't be an issue for you.

huh? Huh This is from your book, buddy.

His point is that all the quoted passages are from the Old Testament. Christianity teaches that the New Testament Law supercedes the Old Testament law. However, as someone else pointed out, Jesus did say otherwise (or so the New Testament claims), so there's that.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
27-08-2014, 12:03 PM
(27-08-2014 11:28 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 10:37 AM)phil.a Wrote:  I do have basis for my judgements of "right" and "wrong".

Here's something you might not know about humans at rational levels of psychological development (Formal operational, in Jean Piaget's model).

People at rational levels of psychological development can ethically discern, that means - they can generate ethical judgement all by themselves as the situation calls for it.

No need for a morality rule book. No need for a bible. Their mind can determine what's ethical simply by looking at the facts and doing a bit of reflection on the situation.

People at earlier pre-rational levels of development require moral guidence, rational thinkers don't though.

It's why religion is dying out. As culture evolves, more and more people are reaching rational levels of development - as soon as they do, they find whatever religious morality system they are inside to be irrelevant.

For the church in the developed world, it really is evolve or die out time. You guys need to come up with a brand new product, pronto!

Phil

[Image: piaget2.gif]

So Phil, your argument to Russia (including atheists) and to Islam is that you are right about homosexulaity because your smarter than they are? I seem to recall Hitler thinking a similar thing. I find it hard to believe that you are giving that as a serious answer.

Godwin's Law. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post