The cost of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: The cost of atheism
(27-08-2014 04:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 04:34 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Not sure what to think about this guy yet. What is he like compared to Walker or HBL?

I couldn't really keep up as I found this thread when it was already 16 pages old. Kinda hard to join a discussion at that point when it is already so old.

*cough50postsperpagecough*

yeah, that is kinda why I had to ask. If it is just another person like the previous ones.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2014, 06:07 PM
(27-08-2014 11:39 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Look at this clown. This is going to be a slaughter once GWOG and Bucky go all Divinity college on him. The Bible was completed 2000 years ago!!!!!! It was despite that fact that most of the books were not even written til the 2nd or even 3rd century. What an ignoramus. Ok I don't have to bother with this fool at all as he knows nothing about his faith or his book.

Its such a shame to come here and just be called a fool, an ignoramus, a prat. Guys, your not selling atheism very well. Your just unpleasant not nice people, who seem incapable of reasonable and rational discussion. Do I have to be the enemy just because I am a chrisitan? I have friends who are atheists, we manage not to shoot each other. Yes, I disagree with you, and? Is that life threatening to you, are you insecure in your beliefs? I don't get it. I was hoping to make friends here.

Have you heard the good news? Shy

27-08-2014, 06:24 PM
(27-08-2014 06:07 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:39 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  Its such a shame to come here and just be called a fool, an ignoramus, a prat. Guys, your not selling atheism very well. Your just unpleasant not nice people, who seem incapable of reasonable and rational discussion. Do I have to be the enemy just because I am a chrisitan? I have friends who are atheists, we manage not to shoot each other. Yes, I disagree with you, and? Is that life threatening to you, are you insecure in your beliefs? I don't get it. I was hoping to make friends here.

I HAVE HEARD THE GOOD NEWS!

You just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico!
[Image: ad-exec-blogging-through-terminal-cancer...-times.jpg]

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
27-08-2014, 06:34 PM
(27-08-2014 06:07 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:39 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  Its such a shame to come here and just be called a fool, an ignoramus, a prat. Guys, your not selling atheism very well. Your just unpleasant not nice people, who seem incapable of reasonable and rational discussion. Do I have to be the enemy just because I am a chrisitan? I have friends who are atheists, we manage not to shoot each other. Yes, I disagree with you, and? Is that life threatening to you, are you insecure in your beliefs? I don't get it. I was hoping to make friends here.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
27-08-2014, 06:54 PM
(27-08-2014 03:09 PM)phil.a Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 02:12 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Even though I agree with you for the most part, I think this statement is maybe a bit too strong. I know traditional Catholics who still claim that Matthew and John were the Matthew and John (apostles of Jesus), and that Mark was some sort of secretary to Peter, and therefore at least a secondhand eyewitness. Now, I know that the consensus of modern Biblical scholarship says this is unlikely (and that is my opinion as well), but it's not an exact science, and I don't know that it has been "established". I will grant the possibility that these gospels were written by eyewitnesses -- I just think it's very unlikely. I think the truth is that we don't know who wrote the gospels. Nobody can prove that they were written by eyewitnesses, but I don't think we can disprove it either. We should be careful about claiming things as facts that we really don't know.

What I can't quite work out is - why it really matters who wrote the gospels? :-)

Phil

That is always my opening strike, disproving that all who wrote of jesus, didn't even know him, and that their precious gospels were not written by whom they think.....take away those two chunks of the bible based faith not much is left.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-08-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 07:02 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(27-08-2014 03:44 PM)phil.a Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 03:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  From an apologetics standpoint, it makes an enormous difference whether the gospels are eyewitness accounts or merely hearsay. That's why it matters who wrote them and when they were written.

My comment was meant as a joke ;-)

Although there was a serious side to it - can you explain what benefit the debate might possibly have?

It seems to me that people project their pre-existing beliefs (or lack of them) into whatever is written in the bible, so everyone just sees confirmation for their own pre-existing position in there.

If that's the case - any debate will go round in circles indefinitely, so the winning move is not to play.

Or perhaps I'm wrong? Are people ever debated out of their religious beliefs?

Phil

I have deconverted more than you might think, but usually, they were already on the fence, I just picked away at the faith and planted some solid seeds of doubt in my opinion. If they are clutching it fiercely and drinking the kool aid so to speak, then no, you are correct, the odds of getting through to them is nil....but if i can plant a smidge of doubt by deluging them with facts, perhaps with time...

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-08-2014, 06:59 PM
(27-08-2014 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 09:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Try me, fool. You picked the wrong dude.

Oh shit. He's not really gonna go mano a mano with the gay atheist seminary graduate is he? Oh shit.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load no shit lol

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-08-2014, 07:17 PM
(27-08-2014 12:34 PM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:56 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Does not help the situation at all, Jesus said you still have to follow the old rules (Matthew 5:17).

No he didn't, He said he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfil it. For example the rules on sacrificing animals are fulfilled in His sacrificial death; so instead of sacrificing animals we now trust in the ultimate sacrifice. Everything in the OT is either fulfilled and now taken up into the person of Christ, or fulfilled and then re-issued through Christ. Fulfilled is not abolished. Standard Christian theology.

Yeah nice excuse there buddy, very unique mm hmm. Dodgy
Heard it a thousand times already.

The real questions: Why would God need sacrifices at ANY era at all?
How does sacrificing a goat or a bird or a person help anyone in ANY era?
Fulfilled? Why would these horrible rules need to be fulfilled at all?

The laws in the OT are barbaric and absurd. Atheists bring up the the shits in the OT, because we see them for what they are, shits.
Christians like you also know that the shits in the OT are shits. The difference, you clowns come up with weak ass excuses or ignore them. Yup, I agree, Standard Christian theology; twist and ignore.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
27-08-2014, 07:41 PM
(27-08-2014 11:39 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 11:10 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Look at this clown. This is going to be a slaughter once GWOG and Bucky go all Divinity college on him. The Bible was completed 2000 years ago!!!!!! It was despite that fact that most of the books were not even written til the 2nd or even 3rd century. What an ignoramus. Ok I don't have to bother with this fool at all as he knows nothing about his faith or his book.

Its such a shame to come here and just be called a fool, an ignoramus, a prat. Guys, your not selling atheism very well. Your just unpleasant not nice people, who seem incapable of reasonable and rational discussion. Do I have to be the enemy just because I am a chrisitan? I have friends who are atheists, we manage not to shoot each other. Yes, I disagree with you, and? Is that life threatening to you, are you insecure in your beliefs? I don't get it. I was hoping to make friends here.

Do you like extreme leftist antisemitism and feminism and SJW bullshit? Because that is what you can expect here.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
27-08-2014, 07:47 PM
(27-08-2014 07:41 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Do you like extreme leftist antisemitism and feminism and SJW bullshit? Because that is what you can expect here.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post