The cost of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2014, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2014 09:53 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
RE: The cost of atheism
(27-08-2014 06:59 AM)ChristianMan Wrote:  Here is the rub. People are not turning to atheism, they never will.

People aren't turning to atheism - they are just letting go of the bullshit fairy tales their family members try to brain wash them with. Fear of hell convinced many children to believe.

Have you looked at any poll numbers? Less people are attending church regularly. More and more people are turning to 'happy- clappy' form of Christianity where only the happy stuff like angels and prayers are discussed and are leaving the evil and bullshit stories behind. Then eventually they grow up in their intellect and realize that's bullshit too. Those raised in this group don't have the fear of hell and their children aren't falling for the happy clappy routine.

There are loads of teens on this site that really just blow me away with how brilliant they are. They can debate, spot false arguments and research science and facts speedily, the depth to their knowledge is amazing. They aren't 'taking up atheism'. They have researched their families belief systems ( and many others) and they find no evidence - no facts. When you realize it's bullshit, and you know there isn't a supernatural being pulling the strings- then you are atheist.

I am thrilled for this generation of teens to finish college and hit the world- I think we will see amazing things happen because they live in a world dominated by information about everything at their fingertips.

We will no longer keep silent, we are finally connecting to others that have the same view, we are coming out of the closets ( although many of us were never in it because we were raised in secular homes). We have forums to connect to others nearby and around the globe, podcasts, hell, we even have a tv station now!

Buckle your seat belt, this ride is just getting started.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-08-2014, 09:14 AM
"Simon Peter said to them, ‘Make Mary leave us, for females don’t deserve life.’ Jesus said, ‘Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven’" (Gospel of Thomas 114). Sadcryface2

Oh. That's not queer at all. Nope. Not at all. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-08-2014, 09:19 AM
(28-08-2014 09:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's also not a paradox, it's a bland metaphor to disregarding labels or dualness.

Does he think that's a paradox? Or is the point thinking kc would think that's a paradox for some reason.

So you think it's a bland metaphor, someone above you thinks it's meaningless and i think it's a paradox.

Perhaps it's all 3?

Sounds a bit like it to me! How can it not be obvious what it is in simple terms? That seems a bit paradoxical to me ;P

Phil
28-08-2014, 09:24 AM
(28-08-2014 09:19 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:12 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's also not a paradox, it's a bland metaphor to disregarding labels or dualness.

Does he think that's a paradox? Or is the point thinking kc would think that's a paradox for some reason.

So you think it's a bland metaphor, someone above you thinks it's meaningless and i think it's a paradox.

Perhaps it's all 3?

Sounds a bit like it to me! How can it not be obvious what it is in simple terms? That seems a bit paradoxical to me ;P

Phil

Please explain what you see as a paradox in that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2014, 09:37 AM
(28-08-2014 09:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:19 AM)phil.a Wrote:  So you think it's a bland metaphor, someone above you thinks it's meaningless and i think it's a paradox.

Perhaps it's all 3?

Phil

Please explain what you see as a paradox in that.

Well - you saw it as meaningless, which is how a paradox usually presents itself.

ClydeLee could see through it, so described it's truth.

Between those two, you've got some evidence for my original claim about it.

Phil
28-08-2014, 09:43 AM
(28-08-2014 09:37 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain what you see as a paradox in that.

Well - you saw it as meaningless, which is how a paradox usually presents itself.

Phil

So, you can't actually explain how it is a paradox. Drinking Beverage

And ClydeLee called it a bland metaphor, so there's that.

28-08-2014, 09:54 AM
(28-08-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:37 AM)phil.a Wrote:  Well - you saw it as meaningless, which is how a paradox usually presents itself.

Phil

So, you can't actually explain how it is a paradox. Drinking Beverage

Yes, there's that!

Can you explain how it is meaningless?

Phil
28-08-2014, 10:11 AM
(28-08-2014 09:54 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you can't actually explain how it is a paradox. Drinking Beverage

Yes, there's that!

Phil

It lacks meaning in the current context.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-08-2014, 10:13 AM
(28-08-2014 09:54 AM)phil.a Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, you can't actually explain how it is a paradox. Drinking Beverage

Yes, there's that!

Phil

It is nonsense. The words don't describe any meaningful or realistic action.

28-08-2014, 10:19 AM
(28-08-2014 10:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-08-2014 09:54 AM)phil.a Wrote:  Yes, there's that!

Phil

It lacks meaning in the current context.

OK so why did it lack meaning for Chas and not for ClydeLee?

Phil