The craziest / weirdest food you had.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: The craziest / weirdest food you had.
(12-12-2016 06:22 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(05-12-2016 06:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Blink Blink

Is that a blink of confusion or disagreement? lol

I'm not sure how to distinguish between nervous and relaxed tissue. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-12-2016, 01:56 PM
(13-12-2016 01:38 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 12:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think you can get abalone anymore - it's protected now. I love abalone!!! And the shells are gorgeous too. And if done right it almost melts on your tongue - like scallops.

This was only about a year ago so I'm pretty sure it's still a thing, but from what the waiter told us there's limits on how many can be caught and when they can do it. They only let them catch them a few days a year and the permits are expensive.

I used to have a boyfriend - this was in the 70s in California. He got a permit every year (needed them back then too, and expensive, too.) and went diving and got his quota. They are cooked like scallops, I used to fry them up for us.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2016, 03:04 PM
In regards to the legality of abalone, catching it wild is highly regulated but not outright illegal. Abalone farming makes up the difference in the resulting lessened availability.

'Murican Canadian
15-12-2016, 12:48 PM
(13-12-2016 01:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 06:22 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Is that a blink of confusion or disagreement? lol

I'm not sure how to distinguish between nervous and relaxed tissue. Big Grin

Lol I just meant brain matter. Spinal cord tissue is also nervous tissue but isn't consumed too often. Prions are becoming moe and more of a concern as we learn more about them and they are not destroyed by cooking.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha