The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
29-07-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 02:45 PM
(29-07-2016 12:17 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 09:20 AM)u196533 Wrote:  (first cause)

First class nosense, and you should know it.

Why is it nonsense to think that something caused or triggered the Big bang?
29-07-2016, 02:48 PM
(29-07-2016 12:26 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 08:44 AM)u196533 Wrote:  A century of research, and they aren't even out of the staring blocks.

How many centuries did it take for flight?

How many centuries did it take for antibiotics?

How many centuries did it take for vaccines?

How many centuries did it take for steel?

Shall I go on?

With the possible exception of flight, those others were developed rather quickly once they started working on it. years not centuries.

Im not sure about flight.
29-07-2016, 03:14 PM
(29-07-2016 02:32 PM)u196533 Wrote:  However, the emergence of self-preservation in pre-biotic chemical systems is a bit of a stretch. This is especially true given that those atoms collectively would be in a lower state of energy and a high state of entropy if they were to just decompose. There is a drive to decompose, yet they defied it. It is not unreasonable to conclude there must be some invisible force that only acts on living things driving them to do so given that this behavior has never been observed in inanimate objects.
Umm, WTF!

Atoms don't decompose.

There is no invisible force stopping decomposition, it is a well known immune system that stops decay.

Living things have evolved an immune system which attacks pathogens, rocks don't have an immune system. Rocks haven't evolved.

Are you for real? Were you perhaps home schooled by your religious parents who saw science as a threat to their beliefs?
29-07-2016, 03:15 PM
The first kite was around 1000 BCE.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
29-07-2016, 03:40 PM
(29-07-2016 03:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 02:32 PM)u196533 Wrote:  However, the emergence of self-preservation in pre-biotic chemical systems is a bit of a stretch. This is especially true given that those atoms collectively would be in a lower state of energy and a high state of entropy if they were to just decompose. There is a drive to decompose, yet they defied it. It is not unreasonable to conclude there must be some invisible force that only acts on living things driving them to do so given that this behavior has never been observed in inanimate objects.
Umm, WTF!

Atoms don't decompose.

There is no invisible force stopping decomposition, it is a well known immune system that stops decay.

Living things have evolved an immune system which attacks pathogens, rocks don't have an immune system. Rocks haven't evolved.

Are you for real? Were you perhaps home schooled by your religious parents who saw science as a threat to their beliefs?

Uh Yea they do. In any solution you have reactions that create and decompose chemical compounds. When they rate of formation = rate of decay, the solution is in equilibrium. All living things exist in a state FAR from equilibrium. If you place an ameoba in a sterile environment, it would decompose into a puddle.

I am talking about replicator molecules and other pre-biotic chemical systems that had no immune system. (btw- our immune systems does nothing to stop decay. The immune system attacks foreign organisms and substances.)
29-07-2016, 03:49 PM
(29-07-2016 10:16 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 09:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Self preservation can be perfectly explained simply : (no one questions it except Creationist fools) +
Mutations that improved survivorship got passed on. It's really vey easy, (for most).
http://public.wsu.edu/~taflinge/biology.html

I disagree with portions of the article based on these excerpts.

Quote:To be successful as a species, the members of that species must have a desire to survive long enough to pass on their genes to offspring.

I do not believe bacterium, viruses, plankton, etc. have a "desire".

Quote:A phrase that has often been misquoted, "Survival of the Fittest," actually means survival of the fit. By fit, I mean an organism has those attributes that allow it to get the most out of its environment: gather food, drink, oxygen, rest, sex.

It does not have to get the "most out of its environment". It only needs what is necessary to survive and procreate.

The whole article seems to suggest an intent. There is no intent in evolution. Either it lives and passes on genes or it dies and does not pass on any genes.

I am not arguing your point, only your choice of article. Thumbsup

Where does it explain HOW self preservation emerged. The why is obvious?
29-07-2016, 03:51 PM
(29-07-2016 03:40 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 03:14 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Umm, WTF!

Atoms don't decompose.

Uh Yea they do. In any solution you have reactions that create and decompose chemical compounds. When they rate of formation = rate of decay, the solution is in equilibrium. All living things exist in a state FAR from equilibrium. If you place an ameoba in a sterile environment, it would decompose into a puddle.

I am talking about replicator molecules and other pre-biotic chemical systems that had no immune system. (btw- our immune systems does nothing to stop decay. The immune system attacks foreign organisms and substances.)

http://phys.org/news/2013-12-scientists-closer-rna.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-07-2016, 05:30 PM
(29-07-2016 03:49 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Where does it explain HOW self preservation emerged. The why is obvious?

You have yet to address my snowflake.

Energy is expended and absorbed in the process of 'building' a symmetrically organized inanimate structure. All done without brains, senses, awareness, choice, sex, drugs or rock 'n' roll.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
29-07-2016, 05:45 PM
(29-07-2016 05:30 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(29-07-2016 03:49 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Where does it explain HOW self preservation emerged. The why is obvious?

You have yet to address my snowflake.

Energy is expended and absorbed in the process of 'building' a symmetrically organized inanimate structure. All done without brains, senses, awareness, choice, sex, drugs or rock 'n' roll.

I think I did. It is clearly exothermic for the obvious reason that liquid water has more energy than ice.