The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
04-08-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".
(04-08-2016 04:35 PM)u196533 Wrote:  No they have no explanation for the emergence of a mind. Science cannot analyze a brain, nerve, spinal chord etc. and explain its emergence.

The fuck we can't. Engineers of complex systems and bioengineers and biomechanical engineers and roboticists and computer scientists are learning more and more about the mathematics of emergent properties every day. .... pussy pessimist. .... my starfish is a fractal, I'd like to prove it to you.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 05:10 PM
(04-08-2016 04:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 04:48 PM)u196533 Wrote:  No. You are not debating it. I am attempting to but only get red herrings, strawmen, ad hominem attacks and tangents.
Show me a scientific paper on the topic. There is none, so there is no scientific position to refute.

There is no scientific paper on what? Abiogenesis hypotheses? I cited one of the more famous early ones in Miller-Urey (edit: sorry, 1953; 1959). You could literally just take it and search for all papers citing it.

Here, I did it for you:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en...7&as_sdtp=

Not the abiogenesis narrative. There is no explanation of HOW self preservation emerged in pre-biotic chemical systems.
04-08-2016, 05:11 PM
(04-08-2016 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 04:35 PM)u196533 Wrote:  No they have no explanation for the emergence of a mind. Science cannot analyze a brain, nerve, spinal chord etc. and explain its emergence.

The fuck we can't. Engineers of complex systems and bioengineers and biomechanical engineers and roboticists and computer scientists are learning more and more about the mathematics of emergent properties every day. .... pussy pessimist. .... my starfish is a fractal, I'd like to prove it to you.

Show me evidence of one emergent property that was predicted or explained from just analyzing the components.
04-08-2016, 05:12 PM
(04-08-2016 05:10 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 04:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There is no scientific paper on what? Abiogenesis hypotheses? I cited one of the more famous early ones in Miller-Urey (edit: sorry, 1953; 1959). You could literally just take it and search for all papers citing it.

Here, I did it for you:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en...7&as_sdtp=

Not the abiogenesis narrative. There is no explanation of HOW self preservation emerged in pre-biotic chemical systems.

EVOLUTION. Ever hear of it?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
04-08-2016, 05:16 PM
(04-08-2016 05:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 05:10 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Not the abiogenesis narrative. There is no explanation of HOW self preservation emerged in pre-biotic chemical systems.

EVOLUTION. Ever hear of it?

1. Evolution doesn't kick in until after abiogenesis.
2. There is no explanation for HOW self preservation emerged even in the narrative of evolution. It just assumes it, but does not explain HOW a simple chemical system would seek energy to lower entropy.
04-08-2016, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 05:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-08-2016 05:11 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck we can't. Engineers of complex systems and bioengineers and biomechanical engineers and roboticists and computer scientists are learning more and more about the mathematics of emergent properties every day. .... pussy pessimist. .... my starfish is a fractal, I'd like to prove it to you.

Show me evidence of one emergent property that was predicted or explained from just analyzing the components.

If they were predictable or explainable from just the components they wouldn't be emergent properties now would they? They'd be expected outcomes with some vague likelihoods. .... Did you say you were an engineer? Which discipline??

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2016, 05:23 PM
(04-08-2016 05:16 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 05:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  EVOLUTION. Ever hear of it?

2. There is no explanation for HOW self preservation emerged even in the narrative of evolution. It just assumes it, but does not explain HOW a simple chemical system would seek energy to lower entropy.

And as a result of your preconceived conclusion that life has an origin that is not explainable in natural terms (abiogenesis) you immediately discount it then discount explanations about its evolution.

I'm assuming the stupidity of this is lost on you?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-08-2016, 05:57 PM

Completely false.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation
He has no clue how evolution works.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-08-2016, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2016 06:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-08-2016 05:06 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 04:58 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong pops. They do. You are just too out of touch and know NOTHING of how far Neuro-science has come. They can watch thoughts happen on PET scans, and parts of the brain light up on MRIs. You are simply totally ignorant of Life Sciences. You're stuck in the DISTANT past.

Watching the brain light up on MRIs does not explain the emergence of a mind from its components.

There is no such thing as a "mind". Dolphins and apes and some birds are intelligent. Did your Jebus create their "minds" ? Facepalm
But thanks for proving you are clueless when it comes to Neuro-science, (and basically all of Biology), and that you're stuck in the 1950's.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-08-2016, 06:21 PM

Evolution never "kicks in". It's a false barrier.
Natural selection is always operational. You really are dumb. Natural selection does not only work on living systems.
Tell us when an intelligent animal has a "mind" and when a somewhat intelligent animal does not have a "mind".
Laugh out load

BTW, you have never told us what the absolute boundary is between life and non-life. Are viruses "alive" ?

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post