The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
05-08-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".
(05-08-2016 03:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 02:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You yourself disqualify yourself from any scientific discussion. When you think you have no other explanation, you invoke magic.

Well yeah, because, you know, "A magic man in the sky said "Abracadabra" and it just happened" is so much more plausible than any scientific explanation.

Provide a scientific explanation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2016, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 03:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-08-2016 03:37 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 03:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Well yeah, because, you know, "A magic man in the sky said "Abracadabra" and it just happened" is so much more plausible than any scientific explanation.

You are a silly uboat.

#sigh
05-08-2016, 03:42 PM
(05-08-2016 03:37 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 03:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Well yeah, because, you know, "A magic man in the sky said "Abracadabra" and it just happened" is so much more plausible than any scientific explanation.

I don't have one, because I'm not a scientist. They are working on it. You're not. You can't think of an explanation, therefore God. I know enough about science to know that's not how it works.
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-08-2016, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-08-2016 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 03:37 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Provide a scientific explanation.

I don't have one, because I'm not a scientist. They are working on it. You're not. You can't think of an explanation, therefore God. I know enough about science to know that's not how it works.

I AM a scientist. I AM God. There are no Gods before us.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-08-2016, 04:30 PM
(05-08-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't have one, because I'm not a scientist. They are working on it. You're not. You can't think of an explanation, therefore God. I know enough about science to know that's not how it works.

I AM a scientist. I AM God. There are no Gods before us.

Chuck Norris created the universe with his roundhouse kick. Ended of history.Yes

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
05-08-2016, 04:32 PM
(05-08-2016 04:30 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 04:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I AM a scientist. I AM God. There are no Gods before us.

Chuck Norris created the universe with his roundhouse kick. Ended of history.Yes

He hired an engineer to get it done proper.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-08-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 04:40 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(05-08-2016 12:31 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 05:23 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And as a result of your preconceived conclusion that life has an origin that is not explainable in natural terms (abiogenesis) you immediately discount it then discount explanations about its evolution.

I'm assuming the stupidity of this is lost on you?

It is not a preconceived conclusion. I used to think it was possible, but changed my mind as the data rolled in over the years.
There is nothing in the literature to describe HOW simple chemical systems developed self-preservation.

What "data" started rolling in? Vague allusions to "data" that you imply disprove abiogenesis. This would be a monumental discovery within science, and yet we seem oblivious (we as in scientists) to its discovery but you've got it figured out. You saw what no one else did? You were smarter and more informed than those who spend their careers working in science?

Also, chemical reactions don't need "self-preservation" in order to result in the formation of life. You're applying a level of consciousness to chemistry that literally NO scientist would say is necessary to qualify something as life. You're making a straw man. A bacteria doesn't act out of "self-preservation" because a bacteria doesn't possess the ability to act. Only conscious animals can act in a self-conscious way.

Your straw men and ignorance of chemistry, biology, and physics are bad enough, but your arrogant presumptions and assumptions are the icing on the preverbeal cake. You could be the poster child for ignorant and condescending arrogant theists if Tomasia is willing to forfeit the crown.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-08-2016, 04:39 PM

You wouldn't know a scientific explanation if it crawled up your ass and bit you on the head.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
05-08-2016, 04:39 PM
At work.

So..... we're down to;

"You can't provide an explanation THEREFORE my place holder WINS!"

Consider

I'm pretty sure there's a fallacy in that concept/statement but whatever.

So, Mr or Mrs or Miss U196533? How does your hypothesis actually explain what we're posting about? How does/did your version of Abiogenisis actually do the deed?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
05-08-2016, 04:49 PM
(05-08-2016 02:14 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Provide a scientific explanation. I've been waiting but only one or 2 of you have even attempted to discuss this on a scientific level.

When you talk about what science will never do, you are not discussing anything on a scientific level.

When you invoke the supernatural, you are not discussing anything on a scientific level.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post