The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
06-08-2016, 06:44 AM
RE: The creation of the universe is "beyond the remit of science".
(05-08-2016 02:12 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 01:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you reconsider that position. It is necessary that there was for abiogenesis to have occurred.

Please tell me you understand that is a classic example of circular reasoning.

You start with the conclusion that abiogenesis occurred naturally.
Then since chemical evolution is necessary for abiogenesis, it HAD to have occurred since abiogenesis occurred.

No, you do not understand that the algorithm is universal and the results inevitable.

When there is replication, change, and differential success then evolution is occurring.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-08-2016, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 08:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-08-2016 03:37 PM)u196533 Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 02:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one has an answer, as no one (except you ... the classic definition of a nut case/insane person ... i.e. someone who thinks he's special, and NO ONE else agrees with you), thinks it's an issue. or needs an answer. It's a red herring. A false issue. You have STILL not defined what a "sentient being" is, and where the boundaries are, and who has a "mind".)
Insects have evolved self-preservation. You actually think insects have "minds" and are sentient beings ?
http://libres.uncg.edu/ir/uncg/f/O_Ruepp...w_2012.pdf

Laugh out load ... Laugh out load

Actually every person with enough knowledge of science with whom I have discussed this at least agrees that I have a valid point. Most agree with my conclusion, some just say, " who knows"

It is debate-bale whether insects have minds. Some exhibit very complex behavior. A clear example of this is bees. Their behavior, including their famous waggle dance, leads some to think that they really are beings with experiences, that is, they are conscious.

What is "enough knowledge of science" ? Clearly you do not possess that.
Provide peer reviewed articles that demonstrate entomologists think that bees are "conscious" ?

It's very obvious you know nothing of Biology, and equate stored memories (learned reflexes/instinctual behaviors) with ''consciousness" ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
06-08-2016, 11:18 AM
(06-08-2016 06:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-08-2016 02:12 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Please tell me you understand that is a classic example of circular reasoning.

You start with the conclusion that abiogenesis occurred naturally.
Then since chemical evolution is necessary for abiogenesis, it HAD to have occurred since abiogenesis occurred.

No, you do not understand that the algorithm is universal and the results inevitable.

When there is replication, change, and differential success then evolution is occurring.

Please provide an example replication, change, and differential success in non living things.
06-08-2016, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 11:40 AM by Deesse23.)
(06-08-2016 11:18 AM)u196533 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 06:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you do not understand that the algorithm is universal and the results inevitable.

Please provide an example replication, change, and differential success in non living things.

Please provide a working definition of life and non-life first.
Then please provide answers to the millions of questions and issues i raised which you didnt (for a good reason as we all know) adress.at.all.
But no you will beat the 2nd law of thermo...sorry, you already did beat it to death.

Im outta here, dont wanna waste my time with people who are here to preach only.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
06-08-2016, 09:30 PM
(06-08-2016 11:18 AM)u196533 Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 06:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you do not understand that the algorithm is universal and the results inevitable.

Please provide the "data" that started "rolling in" that caused you to switch your opinion from abiogenesis to superstition.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
06-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Just in-case U196533 missed it earlier.

(05-08-2016 03:37 PM)u196533 Wrote:  Provide a scientific explanation.

So..... we're down to;

"You can't provide an explanation THEREFORE my place holder WINS!"

Consider

I'm pretty sure there's a fallacy in that concept/statement but whatever.

So, Mr or Mrs or Miss U196533? How does your hypothesis actually explain what we're posting about? How does/did your version of Abiogenisis actually do the deed?

Consider
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
29-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I hope you guys dont mind some minor thread-necromancy Blush

I am just watching some science stuff on YT and found something relavant for this discussion that happened not so long ago on TTA.

Starting at 31 he is talking about entropy, complexity and life.
This should demonstrate where u196533´s fundamental misunderstandings are.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
29-08-2016, 06:22 PM
(29-08-2016 06:02 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I hope you guys dont mind some minor thread-necromancy Blush

I am just watching some science stuff on YT and found something relavant for this discussion that happened not so long ago on TTA.

Starting at 31 he is talking about entropy, complexity and life.
This should demonstrate where u196533´s fundamental misunderstandings are.

If he comes back I'm holding you responsible!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post