The cure for cancer is: get AIDS!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 04:48 PM
The cure for cancer is: get AIDS!
Cancer killer viruses can't get to the cancer cells, because the immune system detects them and destroys them before they do. HIV/AIDS viruses, however, are NOT detected and attacked by the immune system. So they fabricated a non-dangerous HIV/AIDS virus, and they hid a cancer killer virus inside it. And then administered that to the patient. That way the immune system can't detect and destroy the cancer killer virus. Because it can't 'see' it. Instead the cancer killer virus gets delivered directly to the cancer cells' doorstep and eliminates them. Without the massive collateral damage that chemotherapy and radiotherapy cause!
Chances are this will work on many types of cancers and in people!

[Image: BBCNews-Trojan-horsetherapycompletelyeli...20f8e0.png]
You can live with AIDS. You die from cancer!
Simple choice, really.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 05:10 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
RE: The cure for cancer is: get AIDS!
Are you reading a different article than I am?

This article says it's a virus that avoids being attacked like the HIV virus does. It doesn't say it's HIV. However, a couple years ago, they did test using Herpes to cure cancer, in a similar fashion, specifically using a genetically modified herpes virus.

So while this evades the immune system like HIV, it isn't HIV. Unless you have more info than you linked?

Besides, we've been impoteginizing viruses for decades now - I suspect that if we actually did use Herpes or HIV to kill cancer, we'd almost certainly impoteginze the virus first, exactly the same way we do it with flu viruses for the Flu Shots we all get every year. That way we wouldn't have to make the choice between cancer or a STD, our choice would be to have neither.

This is exciting news, to be sure, but it's not the first time we've killed cancer in mice only to find out it doesn't work in humans. Let's hope this time will be different. It's about time we get rid of one of God's tools for showing us just how much he loves us.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 6 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
21-12-2012, 05:21 PM
(21-12-2012 05:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Are you reading a different article than I am?

This article says it's a virus that avoids being attacked like the HIV virus does. It doesn't say it's HIV. However, a couple years ago, they did test using Herpes to cure cancer, in a similar fashion, specifically using a genetically modified herpes virus.

So while this evades the immune system like HIV, it isn't HIV. Unless you have more info than you linked?

Besides, we've been impoteginizing virii for decades now - I suspect that if we actually did use Herpes or HIV to kill cancer, we'd almost certainly impoteginze the virus first, exactly the same way we do it with flu virii for the Flu Shots we all get every year. That way we wouldn't have to make the choice between cancer or a STD, our choice would be to have neither.

This is exciting news, to be sure, but it's not the first time we've killed cancer in mice only to find out it doesn't work in humans. Let's hope this time will be different. It's about time we get rid of one of God's tools for showing us just how much he loves us.

Yes, that is exactly what they did. They impoteginized HIV/AIDS virii, then modified it to contain the cancer killer virus, making that 'invisible' to the immune system. Thus the cancer killer virus can be delivered directly to the cancer cells to do its stuff: destroy the cancer cell. And nothing else. No healthy tissue around it is affected.

I heard that a couple weeks ago in a radio interview with a scientist already. He mentioned it almost as an aside. This is the first time I see it as the actual subject of a 'printed' article in a major medium. I guess the BBC want to avoid, in this article, to use the dreaded acronym HIV/AIDS because it will be inconceivable, yes: downright scary, for many people that they would have to get infected with one killer disease to combat another killer disease.

But like I said, even if the HIV/AIDS virus were not impoteginized, if this therapy works the choice is easy: live with AIDS, or die from cancer.
21-12-2012, 08:23 PM
"trojan-horse therapy" I like that, genius.

I must say, I didn't even know we had cancer-killing viruses.
But it certainly will be good if it works in humans. Cancer is a bitch. At least with AIDS it is avoidable, cancer on the other hand isn't avoidable (that we know of) and effects people from 8 years old to 80 years old.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
21-12-2012, 10:03 PM
(21-12-2012 05:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  This is exciting news, to be sure, but it's not the first time we've killed cancer in mice only to find out it doesn't work in humans. Let's hope this time will be different. It's about time we get rid of one of God's tools for showing us just how much he loves us.

The technique has worked in a few (9/12) advanced, treatment-resistant leukemia patients already.

Leukemia Patient Cancer-Free After Novel Treatment With Engineered Immune Cells

Less informative than the previous one, but I like this article better 'cause it has more pictures of the cute kid. Smile

The cancer girl cured by the HIV virus: Seven-year-old makes extraordinary recovery after U.S. doctors re-wire her immune system to destroy leukaemia cells.

A vimeo video it won't let me embed. ... fuckers.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Nice. I just hope these Trojan horse viruses don't evolve with a mutation which causes the to attack healthy tissue as well.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-12-2012, 07:12 PM
No they didn't use HIV, they used a virus that acts like HIV, as in it infects white blood cells. It is not the HIV virus.

"These are mixed with a virus which, just like HIV, avoids being attacked
and instead becomes a passenger in the white blood cell."

Biggest downside to this treatment is it will weaken the immune system.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
23-12-2012, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 12:44 AM by Janus.)
(22-12-2012 07:12 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  No they didn't use HIV, they used a virus that acts like HIV, as in it infects white blood cells. It is not the HIV virus.

"These are mixed with a virus which, just like HIV, avoids being attacked
and instead becomes a passenger in the white blood cell."

If you impoteginize an HIV-virus you have created something else. Something that's effectively not an HIV-virus anymore. But it was an HIV-virus. Duh!
So yes, they did use HIV. Modified twice: once to impoteginize and once to turn it into a container vessel for extremely selective cancer killer viruses to be delivered directly to the cancer cells.

Quote:Biggest downside to this treatment is it will weaken the immune system.

No, because an impoteginized virus is... wait for it... drumroll... impotent!. Big Grin
But even if it weren't, you can grow old with AIDS. You can live with AIDS!
23-12-2012, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 10:57 AM by FSM_scot.)
(23-12-2012 12:17 AM)Janus Wrote:  If you impoteginize an HIV-virus you have created something else. Something that's effectively not an HIV-virus anymore. But it was an HIV-virus. Duh!
So yes, they did use HIV. Modified twice: once to impoteginize and once to turn it into a container vessel for extremely selective cancer killer viruses to be delivered directly to the cancer cells.

Nowhere in that article does it say anything about using modified HIV, It very clearly says a virus like HIV that hides in white blood cells, not HIV itself.

(23-12-2012 12:17 AM)Janus Wrote:  No, because an impoteginized virus is... wait for it... drumroll... impotent!. Big Grin
But even if it weren't, you can grow old with AIDS. You can live with AIDS!
I misread that as replicates inside the macrophage. Big Grin

But Even if a virus is harmless your body will see it as a threat. Anything that isn't from your body is seen as a potential threat so your immune system will attempt to remove it. Think allergies, substances with no danger to the body but your immune system doesn't see it that way, which is what gives you the symptoms of an allergic reaction. Your immune system is incapable of telling harmless from harmful, if its not recognised as self it will respond to it.
This treatment has the same problems as gene therapy. The immune system doing exactly what it evolved to do. Without a course of immunosuppressants it will be a very short lived treatment.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
23-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Or you could prevent 99% of cancers by treating your body well from life style choices? Seems easier to me.
[+] 1 user Likes FZUMedia's post