The dark Knight rises.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM
RE: The dark Knight rises.
Are we okay this far in to not have to worry about Spoilers? If you're interested in seeing the movie, stop reading and go see the damn movie. It's awesome!

I think fans of books and comic books have realized by now Hollywood can't or won't ever follow the original story exactly, so I was okay with them making changes to the Knight Fall story and to depicting Talia's character (plus she should have been WAYYYYYY hotter!).

I think the technical problems I had with the movie story was the location of the Pit/Prison. Where the hell was it and why was it so easy for Bruce to get there, get healed and get back to Gotham in like 5 minutes? And the other issue for me was Robin, of course. Obviously based more on Tim Drake than Dick Grayson, but I see the reason behind it was because Christopher Nolan didn't want to deal with the Boy Wonder. And as KC mentioned somewhere, it's a nice Nightwing set up if someone decides to go in that direction, although I can't see that being much of a box office draw.

I think we can all agree it was a better adaptation than this!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-08-2012, 11:15 AM
I saw it two weeks ago at the IMax in Times Square in NYC. The one thing I can is that it was loud. I mean really loud. I mean so loud the sound was like a physical wave hitting you is how loud it was. It was just really, really, loud. Loud to the point where you could not hear it. I had a very difficult time making out a lot of the dialogue early in the movie but eventually my ears started to clog. I had problems understanding what Bane said the entire movie because of how loud it was and his mask.

Otherwise, I thought it was ok. The 2nd one was much better because of Heath Ledger as the Joker. Personally, I think the franchise has just been ok. The 2nd one worked because the Joker just stole the movie. Without him, and really Ledger's portrayal of him, I'm not sure that movie is nearly as good.

The one thing in this movie that really worked was Anne Hathoway as Cat Woman. I will watch this again when it comes to cable just to see her in that outfit again. And, whomever made the comment about her on the batcyle is spot on. Wow!

If you like the comic book genre, it's wroth seeing. If you don't, it's really not.

Oh, and bring ear plugs. Because it's loud.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-08-2012, 08:47 PM
whoa whoa whoa. Autopilot??? As I remember the version I saw, the autopilot was not working, and that was why he had to fly himself in the first place. Also Alfred seeing Bruce was not the last scene, the last scene was Robin discovering the batcave. I saw the film one day after it's premiere in Denmark btw.

I really hoped that the movie would have ended with Alfreds scene, just without the part where you actually see Bruce Wayne. If the movie had ended with Alfreds face expression clearly saying he saw Bruce, that would have been a classic Nolan endingTongue
20-08-2012, 03:51 AM
(19-08-2012 08:47 PM)Jakel Wrote:  whoa whoa whoa. Autopilot??? As I remember the version I saw, the autopilot was not working, and that was why he had to fly himself in the first place. Also Alfred seeing Bruce was not the last scene, the last scene was Robin discovering the batcave. I saw the film one day after it's premiere in Denmark btw.

I really hoped that the movie would have ended with Alfreds scene, just without the part where you actually see Bruce Wayne. If the movie had ended with Alfreds face expression clearly saying he saw Bruce, that would have been a classic Nolan endingTongue

So, are you saying there was no dialogue between 2 engineers and Fox about the autopilot, where they said that there was a software patch with Bruce Waynes ID on it? In the last minute or two of the movie?

As for the last scene, maybe I misplaced these 2 scenes. But it appears you had the scene with Alfred and Bruce, so there is no question about the autopilot...

It could have ended without actually seeing Bruce's face. It would make things more secret, as Batman is suppose to be.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-08-2012, 07:24 AM
(20-08-2012 03:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(19-08-2012 08:47 PM)Jakel Wrote:  whoa whoa whoa. Autopilot??? As I remember the version I saw, the autopilot was not working, and that was why he had to fly himself in the first place. Also Alfred seeing Bruce was not the last scene, the last scene was Robin discovering the batcave. I saw the film one day after it's premiere in Denmark btw.

So, are you saying there was no dialogue between 2 engineers and Fox about the autopilot, where they said that there was a software patch with Bruce Waynes ID on it? In the last minute or two of the movie?

As for the last scene, maybe I misplaced these 2 scenes. But it appears you had the scene with Alfred and Bruce, so there is no question about the autopilot...

It could have ended without actually seeing Bruce's face. It would make things more secret, as Batman is suppose to be.

Smile

no there was not. And if I didn't have that scene, then there IS a question about the autopilotSmile As I remember it the scene where he decide that he has to fly the bat himself to get rid of the bomb, they explicitly says that the autopilot is broken, hence the decision to fly it himself (and to get hathaway too kiss him. Totally worth it if you ask meTongue)! I kindda interpreted it as Nolan wanting to kill batman (and bruce), but not being alowwed by the big guys. So he comprimised with a "kindda" open endning.

I could remember wrong, but it was not like I was not paying attention to the movie, and my brother and father saw it the same way.

Anyways. I have read of moviedetails being changed from day to day doing premieres, maybe they changed stuff for some reason?
21-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Probably. The Avengers had one or two scenes on the end that some countries showed, others didn't.

I guess the same thing is with Batman. I have seen this one, you haven't, therefore we had alternative endings. And of course, as a normal part of the movie, I too had the scene where they comment how the autopilot is broken, but if Bat wanted to play dead, it is logical for him to keep quiet about the software patch he installed.

Try to find it somewhere around this Internetz.

-Hunter S. Thompson
22-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I saw the Filox version where they discussed the software patch on the autopilot. At least, I think that's what they said.

Did I mention it was loud?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-09-2012, 01:12 AM
This was an epic conclusion to a great trilogy.
14-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Bane's voice was intended to be a Romany gypsy dialect, which is why it sounded odd.

Having said that, I didn't care for "The Dark Knight", but I really, REALLY liked the new one. In fact I saw it twice. It's certainly not the greatest film in the world, but for what it is; it's awesome as fuck. After watching it, I realized that the only thing that could have made it better is if Heath Ledger had been alive to play the Joker again. *SPOILERS AHEAD* I would've been overjoyed to see his character (the only good part of "The Dark Knight", in my opinion) wandering around inside the prison as Bane released the inmates, then psychopath his way into bane's ranks somehow and ultimately having a hand in the lawlessness that ensues over Gotham.

I didn't really understand the ending, though, and my sister and I are still in somewhat of a disagreement about it. We see Batman venture out over the city with the bomb in tow, after which he leads it out to sea where it explodes. For all intents and purposes, Bruce Wayne is dead. But then, we hear that Bruce Wayne has managed to fix the auto-pilot in the Batwing, meaning he *could* have escaped - at least in theory, and despite the fact that we pretty much saw him take the bomb and fly off to his death.

Then, just before the end, we see Alfred sitting in Italy in the little cafe (or whatever it was), at which point he looks across the crowd and, much to our surprise, we see Bruce and Catwoman sitting at a table together, pressumably enjoying Batman's retirement. This would be all well and fine, but if we recall, Alfred spoke of "fantasizing" this very scenario. Additionally, we could argue that Catwoman wouldn't be with Bruce if it were just Alfred's fantasy, but toward the begining of the film, Alfred alluded to his desire for Bruce and Catwoman to be together. This supports the notion that he could have simply been fantasizing about Bruce and Catwoman in the restaurant.

So, in regard to the ending, I don't fuckin' know. But what I do know is that Bane is the baddest motherfucker there ever was, and he's a great inspiration to make one's weight-lifting workouts more intense (I've taken to calling my HIIT training sessions "Bane workouts").

That's how I see it, anyway Wink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 05:33 AM
I'm just really sorry that they didn't use Venom as Bane's power. No super-strength, in the movie, Venom just blocked his pain, while in the comics, the Venom was a way to brutally boost his strength. And then break the Bat. *crack*

I don't see the reason why they would change this, it was simple enough to put it in the movie and no special explanations were required.

And Batman is not dead, he is now building his Space Station as his new headquarters, actually as The Justice Leagues headquarters. Don't you read comics?

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson