The dark Knight rises.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 08:42 PM by FSM_scot.)
The dark Knight rises.
I made sure i didn't give any spoilers. If you haven't seen it you can read this without the movie being ruined.

So i saw the Dark Knight rises, a film i have been looking forward to since i first watched the dark knight.

Its batman therefore it is awesome, But i personally didn't feel it was as good as the dark knight. But it wasn't far from it.
To be fair that film set the bar pretty high for anything that followed it. Avengers was the only superhero film to come anywhere near it in my opinion.

It starts off a bit slow, banes voice is ridiculous. Even the fake sounding Mexican accent he had in the Arkham games would have sounded better. He did have an English accent in the cartoon in the 90's but in the film it just sounds weird.

I partially guessed a twist early on in the film Who a person was but none of the rest of it, Not something easy to guess. Still a good one though.

It seems like I've been mostly negative so far. But don't let that put you off seeing it, It was a brilliant film i did really enjoy it and i highly recommend it. Even my friend who isn't a batman fan (he prefers X-men) enjoyed it.

Also, you know that bit in the trailer where the kid is singing the US national anthem?, someone in the cinema actually sang along Big Grin.

Also Half an hour of adverts before they played the movie...the fuck is that about cineworld?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
20-07-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: The dark Knight rises.
I was going to watch it tonight, but had to opt out due to not feeling good.

Thanks for this little taste of what like to I call the most anticipated Dark Knight movie since the last one.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
20-07-2012, 09:41 PM
(20-07-2012 08:24 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I made sure i didn't give any spoilers. If you haven't seen it you can read this without the movie being ruined.

So i saw the Dark Knight rises, a film i have been looking forward to since i first watched the dark knight.

Its batman therefore it is awesome, But i personally didn't feel it was as good as the dark knight. But it wasn't far from it.
To be fair that film set the bar pretty high for anything that followed it. Avengers was the only superhero film to come anywhere near it in my opinion.

It starts off a bit slow, banes voice is ridiculous. Even the fake sounding Mexican accent he had in the Arkham games would have sounded better. He did have an English accent in the cartoon in the 90's but in the film it just sounds weird.

I partially guessed a twist early on in the film Who a person was but none of the rest of it, Not something easy to guess. Still a good one though.

It seems like I've been mostly negative so far. But don't let that put you off seeing it, It was a brilliant film i did really enjoy it and i highly recommend it. Even my friend who isn't a batman fan (he prefers X-men) enjoyed it.

Also, you know that bit in the trailer where the kid is singing the US national anthem?, someone in the cinema actually sang along Big Grin.

Also Half an hour of adverts before they played the movie...the fuck is that about cineworld?
What did ya think of the ending?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-07-2012, 05:57 AM
I like the ending. It didn't end how I thought it would. It's hard to talk about without spoilers. what did you think of it?
21-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I really want to see this Dark Knight but I think I'll wait for the latest, late showing on Sunday night so I won't have to wade through the larger crowds. I like my seat right up front in the middle - at least 4th row, if not 3rd. I like films to envelope me. Smile

I haven't seen the Avengers yet - haven't been out to the cinema much, lately. I need to get on it!! Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
21-07-2012, 12:41 PM
(21-07-2012 05:57 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I like the ending. It didn't end how I thought it would. It's hard to talk about without spoilers. what did you think of it?
Kinda bullshit:

There is no way the Goddamn Batman dies. I kinda called it, but it was kinda sad. There is a theory that he lives cuz of the autopilot, but that is all just speculation.

Nolan's universe is over, and it was a bad villain, I gave it a three and half stars out of five, five being the best

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
21-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm going to go see it purely because I want to comment on this thread.

Nah, just kidding. I'm a fan of the franchise. Plus I hate people knowing something I don't know.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Batman didn't die. That what the whole "auto-pilot" thing was about. Kinda crap. I think that he should've died given that this is the last Batman from Nolan and Bale. It would have been a perfect way to close the book. I honestly think it was a cheap cop-out... but whatever.

I think it would have set up a perfect story for Knightwing... which, they'll do anyway. While we're on that... Robin "John" Blake... really... really? C'mon.

But yeah, Knightwing will be one of the upcoming DC movies. That's kind of obvious.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
21-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I thought it was very brave of them to go for the Batman-is-black-homosexual-atheist twist when they could have stayed with the macho-rich-whiteman cliche.

I have to say that Christian Bale did look great in that Chanel evening dress.

[Obviously, I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has never seen anything Batman-related although I did see a matt black Lamborghini in Sydney last week that looked most batmobilic - I would have taken a pic but everyone else in the street was doing that so I didn't wanna be uncool]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
21-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Just got back from seeing DKR...Loved it! Thumbsup

I hope to never forget the image of Catwoman bent over the Batcycle. Drooling Drooling Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post