The dark Knight rises.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: The dark Knight rises.
(24-07-2012 12:34 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(23-07-2012 11:42 PM)Filox Wrote:  BLASPHEMER!!!

I'll explain my reasons why once everyone has gotten a chance to see it.

Just use spoiler tags.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2012, 04:01 PM
(24-07-2012 12:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just use spoiler tags.

Here are my objections to the film (in no certain order):

1. Batman was only in the film for like 30 minutes.
2. The fight choreography was horrible. They telegraphed their movements way too much. The scenes with Ann Hathaway were the worst.
3. The Cat Woman character was hollow. If they had deleted her scenes, I doubt the film would have changed drastically.
4. You couldn’t understand what Bane said because of the mask (don’t get me started on the “Batman voice”).
5. They didn’t satisfactorily explain why Bane is so powerful. In the comic books, his super strength comes from the venom that pumps through his body. However, the movie just says he lived in a prison. Living in such a place is not going to give you the ability to punch holes in concrete support beams, even if you were trained in martial arts by a bad guy like Ra’s al Ghul.
6. Bane was killed off way too easily. There should have been a final showdown between him and Batman. But instead, he was shot with a grenade or something by Cat Woman.
7. THE BIGGIE - The fact that Bruce Wayne overcame a serious spinal injury in just a few months. He literally had a vertebrae sticking out of his back. Normally, it would take someone years in a clean medical facility to get over such an injury. Yet, some guy with dirty hands fixed the problem by literally “punching” the vertebrae back inside. Then all Bruce had to do was some pushups and situps to get better. This movie is supposed to be set in the real world, so I can’t suspend my disbelief that much. Hell, even the comics replaced him with a different person.
8. The girl who played Ra’s al Ghul’s daughter had such a miniscule part until the end. She was little more than an extra until she stabbed ol’ Batsy and revealed her true identity. The twist at the end would have been more powerful if she had more of a presence to begin with.
9. Parts of it were like watching paint dry.
10. They should have mentioned the nuclear fusion machine in one of the earlier films. It just came out of nowhere in the third one.
11. A minor quibble - Dr. Crane (a.k.a. The Scare Crow) seemed to have his wits about him. How did he survive being exposed to his own medicine? Bruce Wayne almost died from a normal dose, but Lucius Fox saved his life. Rachel Dawes was given a concentrated dose and almost died within a few minutes. So Crane should have been dead.
12. They killed off Bruce Wayne. I realized the story hinted at Bruce wanting his own life, but he could have lived his own life by saving Gotham and retiring his Batman persona. Knowing that he survived made Alfred’s tears pointless. Another thing that bothered me was the way he turned his back on the company that his dead father started. He runs it into the ground between the second and third movies, and then it is liquidated at the end. The ending regarding his death was predictable as well. I easily guessed that he had fixed the auto pilot.
13. Batman didn’t actually die. This took the emotional power away from Gotham’s tribute to him. There is a reason why real martyrs are so well respected. Sure, Gotham doesn’t know that he didn’t die, but the viewers do.
14. This one is connected to the end of the second one. I thought it was stupid how Batman took credit for Harvey Dent’s murders. They could have just blamed it all on the Joker. This plot line was then carried over into the third one.

These are just the ones that come to mind. I’m sure I had other objections. Remember, these are simply my opinions of the film. There is no reason to get bent out of shape over them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
24-07-2012, 04:08 PM

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-07-2012, 06:35 PM
yeah the back thing annoyed me more than bains voice. I think the movie took place Over the course of a year, even then It's unlikely his back would heal in that time. The punch to the back would have done more damage. If somehow he had his hands on some kind of back support type thing made by fox, it would have made alot more sense. I think this film would have made a better middle film, with the dark knight being the final one of the trillogy it would have been a better way to finish it off.
30-07-2012, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 02:40 AM by Filox.)
I watched the last Batman. A good movie, but it did somehow lack the action... Too little Batman, too much everyone else. And what was with Bane and his mask, where was the Venom and the explanation for his great strength? They didn't do these details as they should have...

I have to ask you about the end of the movie, most of you said the the Bat dies at the end, so I guess you had an alternative ending.

What was the last scene in the movie?

Because my last two scenes were:
1)Lucius Fox comes to his employees that are working on the Batcopter, probably the second prototype and asks them something about autopilot, at which they reply that it was fixed, that there was a software patch and the ID was Bruce Wayne.
2) In this last scene we see Alfred in his coffee bar in Florence, as he sits down and takes the newspapers, he sees Bruce on the other table. They just smile to each other and the movie is over.

So, how could you people speculate did he die or survive? He clearly survived and he clearly updated his autopilot.

The main thing here is what Bat actually did. He killed Bruce Wayne, this way he has let go of his private life and he can now dedicate himself to only Batman. Bruce Wayne was in a way all the time, now he is free to be who he really is and no one can find out his true identity now, since he is only Batman and Bruce is dead.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Filox

Batman relies on Wayne Tech, he needs Bruce to be able to get such technology. killing Bruce just to focus on Batman is silly to me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
30-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Continuing...

Yes, I thought about that as well, but if we follow The Bat and his "superpower", we must realise that he plans everything in advance. This is his primary weapon, planing and readiness. So I am sure that he has made preparations for the event of not having Bruce Wayne and his money around. Also, there is the problem of stealing his equipment, just as Bane did in the movie. In the new comics I didn't see Bruce anywhere, Batman lives in his new headquarters in space, where the Justice League is situated. And, you could clearly see how the persona of Bruce Wayne is influencing the decisions of Batman, whether it is to protect someone Bruce cares about, or to hide his identity, or to protect those who he loves. By eliminating the Bruce feature, he is now able to fully devote himself to unscrupulous Batman morality and actions. He has quite a strange morality as Batman, there are limits to his actions, but he also breaks all sorts of "normal moral values" to protect the Gotham and to achieve the greater good. He has proven that in the Tower of Babel comic and he could do something like that only if Bruce is no more.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I liked it, even though there were numerous problems.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
11-08-2012, 05:49 AM
I liked it even with its flaws. I don't think that they could have topped the second one. Not just because of the joker, but the pacing and direction of the movie was better. The choice of Bane as the main antagonist is questionable.

No Gods Or Kings. Only Man.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EuclidsParadox?feature=mhee
11-08-2012, 08:45 AM
(11-08-2012 05:49 AM)BioRichtofen Wrote:  I liked it even with its flaws. I don't think that they could have topped the second one. Not just because of the joker, but the pacing and direction of the movie was better. The choice of Bane as the main antagonist is questionable.

Oh yes the Dark Knight was the best of the trilogy. Bane wasn't that great of a villain, they did Bane I think to combine Knight Fall with No Mans Land, however the plot of the movie and pacing wasn't that great for it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dark Dungeons Hafnof 3 92 21-05-2014 11:31 AM
Last Post: Blackhand293