The dark Knight rises.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2012, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 12:44 AM by Human Being.)
RE: The dark Knight rises.
(17-09-2012 05:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  ...as Bane's power. No super-strength...

I don't see the reason why they would change this, it was simple enough to put it in the movie and no special explanations were required.

Because there is no such thing as a "power" in Nolan's Bat-verse. It would have made absolutely no sense and seemed completely out-of-character for the franchise.

Scarecrow is different. Hallucinogens exist in the real-world, but there is absolutely nothing like Bane's "Venom" in the real world... certainly not as it's portrayed in the comics. Not to mention that "special explanations" would be required to explain how he got these tubes, and why they go to his head, and how they literally add mass to his body, etc.

I guess they could have had him simply sniff something for his venom, but what's the point? What does it add?

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2012, 12:44 AM
23-09-2012, 07:30 AM
(23-09-2012 12:40 AM)Human Being Wrote:  
(17-09-2012 05:33 AM)Filox Wrote:  ...as Bane's power. No super-strength...

I don't see the reason why they would change this, it was simple enough to put it in the movie and no special explanations were required.

Because there is no such thing as a "power" in Nolan's Bat-verse. It would have made absolutely no sense and seemed completely out-of-character for the franchise.

Scarecrow is different. Hallucinogens exist in the real-world, but there is absolutely nothing like Bane's "Venom" in the real world... certainly not as it's portrayed in the comics. Not to mention that "special explanations" would be required to explain how he got these tubes, and why they go to his head, and how they literally add mass to his body, etc.

I guess they could have had him simply sniff something for his venom, but what's the point? What does it add?

Venom could simply have been explained as steroids jacked up.. just as Scarecrows drugs were in relation to hallucinogenics. There is not a large leap there at all in it's near reality context. There wouldn't be the need to make it the same in terms of all the tubes; he could of looked exactly the same but have had the venom aspect in relation to explaining any of the details about him that are ignored.

And Baine's "power" refers to his strength, not some super power. His over-human strength is entirely unexplained by the film while existing. He just happened to hav been in prison and is inhumanly strong somehow.

What does it add? Some people want continuity on relation to the actual character of comic origins.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-09-2012, 05:24 AM
As far as I see this Venom thing, they could have just said it in 2 sentences about how it (the mask thing) gives him greater strength. Like some kind of cocaine/steroids combination, mixed with pain blockers, for that extra edge. There, you see how simple I have explained it, no more is needed and no real superpowers were introduced.

If we care to look at the scarecrow, his hallucinogenic is superpower, because nothing like that exists now, so if Scarecrow could have something like that, so could Bane. Simple really.

And if you all looked carefully enough, you could see the surgery scar across Bane's back. So everything was already set up for the Venom "story".

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-09-2012, 10:42 AM
spoiler alert snape kills trinity with rosebud.

Anyway I read a book called deadfall that was the dark knight rises in a nutshell. Then I watched the movie, lo and behold, there were no surprises. But overall it was fun

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
24-09-2012, 10:50 AM
(24-09-2012 10:42 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  spoiler alert snape kills trinity with rosebud.

Anyway I read a book called deadfall that was the dark knight rises in a nutshell. Then I watched the movie, lo and behold, there were no surprises. But overall it was fun

Is it not Knightfall?

[Image: opforum1.png]
24-09-2012, 10:55 AM
(24-09-2012 10:50 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 10:42 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  spoiler alert snape kills trinity with rosebud.

Is it not Knightfall?

nah Deadfall

I exaggerated the resemblance but teh concept is close enoguh for mwe to make predictions

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
24-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I've never really been much of a Batman fan, but even if I was.. I would say that this movie was horrible compared to the Dark Knight.
The storyline was a bit confusing and it just didn't seem to have as much OOMF as the other movie did.

Plus I could stop cracking up over Bane's voice, in the movie.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2012, 02:33 PM
(24-09-2012 10:50 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Is it not Knightfall?

There is a large amount of knightfall in the movie. It was basically about Bane taking over Gotham, They just did it in a different way from the comic.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
25-09-2012, 03:24 AM
(24-09-2012 11:45 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I've never really been much of a Batman fan, but even if I was.. I would say that this movie was horrible compared to the Dark Knight.
The storyline was a bit confusing and it just didn't seem to have as much OOMF as the other movie did.

Plus I could stop cracking up over Bane's voice, in the movie.

You really want a negative rep, do you?

Censored

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dark Dungeons Hafnof 3 106 21-05-2014 11:31 AM
Last Post: Blackhand293