The day of prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 01:35 PM
The day of prayer
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/09/...504288799/

Quote:President Trump signed a proclamation to make Sunday a "National Day of Prayer" in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Trump was joined by religious leaders and members of faith-based organizations in the Oval Office on Friday to announce the proclamation.

Quote:Texas Governor, Greg Abbott, issued a statement on Thursday also proclaiming Sunday as a Day of Prayer in Texas.
"I urge Texans of all faiths and religious traditions and backgrounds to offer prayers on that day for the safety of our first responders, public safety officers, and military personnel, healing of individuals, rebuilding of communities and the restoration of the entire region struck by this disaster," Abbott said.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: The day of prayer
As long as it doesn't serve as a substitute for genuine aid then I say let them have whatever comfort it brings.
These are the times that as an atheist I tend to find the the back of the room and hum a song and tap my foot.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
01-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit.

The people of Texas and surrounding states have gone above and beyond to help people (and pets) in the Houston area. All over the country people are donating money and collecting clothes and food for the displaced. We know that's what matters.

They are praying after the fact of tangible help. Whoopdefuckingdoo.

The praying didn't do shit to stop the storm and it's not going to do shit now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
I always wonder when I hear this crap, "How many times a day do these people actually pray ?" Like ZZee-fricking-rrrooo. Zero. Nada. Zilch.
What a joke.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Why not have a circle jerk instead?

At least SOMEBODY would have something to show for the effort when they're done....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-09-2017, 05:47 PM
I agree. A circle jerk is the equivalent of praying except you actually get something out of it.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
01-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Maybe we can get some Native Americans to do a rain dance to counter the white man's prayers and see which one wins.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-09-2017, 06:07 PM
What's funny though is that Trump himself won't pray. Hey guys, we finally have something in common with him, we'll all be rolling our eyes!
01-09-2017, 06:08 PM
(01-09-2017 05:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe we can get some Native Americans to do a rain dance...

BITE YOUR TONGUE!
01-09-2017, 07:59 PM
(01-09-2017 05:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Maybe we can get some Native Americans to do a rain dance to counter the white man's prayers and see which one wins.

My grandmother's family were Cree. I don't think they did rain dances, but I'm willing as long as it pisses someone off.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post