The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 01:52 AM
RE: The debate
(28-09-2016 01:25 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  We could shoot down a Russian Sukhoi harassing a US warship in international waters and tell the fucking Russians if they continue that kind of aggressive behavior they'll get more of the same.

Carlo,

Trump has said something similar, but about the Iranians. I don't think he'll mess with the big dogs. Too much admiration. Dodgy

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2016, 01:55 AM
(28-09-2016 01:52 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 01:25 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  We could shoot down a Russian Sukhoi harassing a US warship in international waters and tell the fucking Russians if they continue that kind of aggressive behavior they'll get more of the same.

Carlo,

Trump has said something similar, but about the Iranians. I don't think he'll mess with the big dogs. Too much admiration. Dodgy

D.

Putin and Trump are bros - both authoritarian hardliner types. He might do a "back off" move for the benefit of the media. And of course ol' Vlad will oblige. Americans of a certain stripe will feel "great" again.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-09-2016, 06:02 AM
His best lines:
(sponsored by coke?)

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
28-09-2016, 06:57 AM
My biological father (the one who didn't raise me) has been spamming Facebook posts and videos supporting Trump for like the past year. Last time I saw him in person about 6 years ago, he still had Hillary stickers on his car, having been quite enthusiastic in supporting her during the primaries in 2008.

I've yet to make sense of it.

'Murican Canadian
28-09-2016, 07:08 AM
(28-09-2016 06:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My biological father (the one who didn't raise me) has been spamming Facebook posts and videos supporting Trump for like the past year. Last time I saw him in person about 6 years ago, he still had Hillary stickers on his car, having been quite enthusiastic in supporting her during the primaries in 2008.

White is better than black, and male is better than female attitudes?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-09-2016, 07:34 AM
(28-09-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 06:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My biological father (the one who didn't raise me) has been spamming Facebook posts and videos supporting Trump for like the past year. Last time I saw him in person about 6 years ago, he still had Hillary stickers on his car, having been quite enthusiastic in supporting her during the primaries in 2008.

White is better than black, and male is better than female attitudes?

If that were the case he would have just gone republican back in 2008 too. I think the simplest explanation is that he just likes attention and taking whatever stance people are most likely to see as extreme. I wonder how common that is amongst the general voting population. The whole conforming to the side most widely perceived as rebellious thing.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-09-2016, 07:40 AM
(28-09-2016 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  White is better than black, and male is better than female attitudes?

If that were the case he would have just gone republican back in 2008 too. I think the simplest explanation is that he just likes attention and taking whatever stance people are most likely to see as extreme. I wonder how common that is amongst the general voting population. The whole conforming to the side most widely perceived as rebellious thing.

That's an interesting take. Could he be doing it for his own entertainment? I'll post Christian stuff on my FB page just to dick with my friends and family who all know I'm an atheist. Some congratulate me for finally seeing the light but most respond with "Youre an ass, Bob." Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-09-2016, 07:54 AM
(28-09-2016 07:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If that were the case he would have just gone republican back in 2008 too. I think the simplest explanation is that he just likes attention and taking whatever stance people are most likely to see as extreme. I wonder how common that is amongst the general voting population. The whole conforming to the side most widely perceived as rebellious thing.

That's an interesting take. Could he be doing it for his own entertainment? I'll post Christian stuff on my FB page just to dick with my friends and family who all know I'm an atheist. Some congratulate me for finally seeing the light but most respond with "Youre an ass, Bob." Big Grin

If it were just the videos maybe. But looking at the posts he actually comments on, I'm included to think he's jumped headfirst into the Trump bandwagon. He's never really been the intellectual type though. Whether supporting Hillary back in '08 or Trump now, the bulk of his arguments have been in the form of regurgitated propaganda.

Which makes sense in a way I guess. "Lesser evil" voters aside, I can't imagine any rational person actually supporting either of these two nutcases. Regurgitated lines are all they've got. They both tend to make fools of themselves when speaking unscripted.

'Murican Canadian
28-09-2016, 07:59 AM
(28-09-2016 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 07:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  White is better than black, and male is better than female attitudes?

He may have just changed his mind.

I think the Trump phenomenon is widely misrepresented. His followers aren't all racist, nationalists, and xenophobes. There are a lot of people in this country who have been left behind by the exact policy choices that Hillary Clinton endorses. I don't believe Trump will do anything for these people but Clinton certainly will not. And, lost in all the reports about his attacks on women and how vile he is are legitimate issues that address real concerns for working Americans.

In my view, the absolute worst part of the Trump candidacy is it makes it easy to just brush aside what are legitimate concerns about our government, globalization, trade deals, immigration policy, etc.

She's probably going to win and the Democrats are likely going to take the Senate and those of us in the middle class are going to continue to get squeezed by these people.

I think Trump sucks, but I have zero illusions that Hillary Clinton is going to do anything but take every penny she can from me and drive me into massive debt as my kids go off to college in a few years.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
28-09-2016, 08:42 AM
(28-09-2016 07:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think Trump sucks, but I have zero illusions that Hillary Clinton is going to do anything but take every penny she can from me and drive me into massive debt as my kids go off to college in a few years.

Because you going into debt is not under your control in any way, and if you do go into debt it will definitely be her fault. Rolleyes

How, precisely, will she achieve this? Tax you more?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post