The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2016 11:32 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The debate
(28-09-2016 11:05 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The government is going to have to stop paying $200 for toilet seats and $4.5 million for artwork hanging on walls at Embassy buildings (true story).

no, instead they'll be buying $20,000 portraits and $12,000 football helmets and NATO is gonna pay for it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-09-2016, 11:33 AM
(28-09-2016 11:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 11:05 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The government is going to have to stop paying $200 for toilet seats and $4.5 million for artwork hanging on walls at Embassy buildings (true story).

no, instead they'll be buying $20,000 portraits and $12,000 footballs and NATO is gonna pay for it.

They should have a tomahawk and a Winchester '94 hanging on the walls instead to set the right tone.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Someone on a Facebook page I follow gave a perfect description of the debates.

"I feel like the debate was like watching two two terribly unfit parents arguing over custody of the kids in a bad divorce."

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-09-2016, 11:45 AM
(28-09-2016 08:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 07:59 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think Trump sucks, but I have zero illusions that Hillary Clinton is going to do anything but take every penny she can from me and drive me into massive debt as my kids go off to college in a few years.

Because you going into debt is not under your control in any way, and if you do go into debt it will definitely be her fault. Rolleyes

How, precisely, will she achieve this? Tax you more?

Way to make shit up I never said.

And, going into debt generally is within my control, but the cost of college is completely outside my control. The costs are staggering and beyond most people's ability to cover with cash. That's why the US has roughly a trillion dollars in student loan debt. Because people can't afford it.

And, her stated plans don't help me at all. $125,000 may sound lIke a lot of money, but in the Northeast for a family of 4 it's a number you can barely live on. Her plan offers people in my general area no benefit while we get to foot the bill.

The cheap money the government flooded into the higher education system has been a major contributing factor to why the cost of college has increased by more than almost anything else in the economy. When the Feds take away any financial accountability from 50% or so of the college bound population, what impact do you suppose that will have on the cost of college? You think it's going to go up or down?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
28-09-2016, 02:06 PM
(28-09-2016 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... Does he take us for fools? ...

Judging by the apparent depth of support, not just for Trump but for a telephone book sized slate of cynical, ignorant, narcissistic social leaders across history, that assumption appears accurate.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
28-09-2016, 02:22 PM
(27-09-2016 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If it was me I would have called her secretary cunt....

ob,

That's presidential language; at least it will be if Trump takes the chair.
Wink

D.
28-09-2016, 02:32 PM
(28-09-2016 11:45 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 08:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because you going into debt is not under your control in any way, and if you do go into debt it will definitely be her fault. Rolleyes

How, precisely, will she achieve this? Tax you more?

Way to make shit up I never said.
You will note that in your quote, you said "Hillary will take every penny she can from me and drive me into massive debt". OK so I paraphrased it a bit.

Quote:And, going into debt generally is within my control, but the cost of college is completely outside my control. The costs are staggering and beyond most people's ability to cover with cash. That's why the US has roughly a trillion dollars in student loan debt. Because people can't afford it.
Ah, so *paying for your kids to go to college* is what will drive you into massive debt. And *Hillary* makes you pay for them to go to college?

Quote:You think it's going to go up or down?
Haven't the foggiest old bean, but I take it up, given your general gloom.

Despite that I'm causing a bit of shit with you I do sympathise. We've got a massive debate on in SA at the moment over the cost of education.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Trump just doesn't get it. In case it wasn't enough that he indirectly admitted both that he pays no taxes and that he was guilty of not allowing black people to rent from his buildings in the past, now he's going after Alicia Machado again and thus reminding us that he has no respect for women. I mean, how dare a woman defend herself against sex stereotyping and other abuses especially when they came from Trump. Dodgy This loser just can't help himself.

In other news, USA Today took a political position in the Presidential race for the first time in its history and it was against Trump. I thought it was a good summary of the most serious Trump issues.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
30-09-2016, 11:16 AM
(30-09-2016 10:46 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Trump just doesn't get it. In case it wasn't enough that he indirectly admitted both that he pays no taxes and that he was guilty of not allowing black people to rent from his buildings in the past, now he's going after Alicia Machado again and thus reminding us that he has no respect for women. I mean, how dare a woman defend herself against sex stereotyping and other abuses especially when they came from Trump. Dodgy This loser just can't help himself.

In other news, USA Today took a political position in the Presidential race for the first time in its history and it was against Trump. I thought it was a good summary of the most serious Trump issues.

He cannot be wrong. It is always other people's fault. He has to chase and disprove that he was wrong about anything.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-09-2016, 12:33 PM
(30-09-2016 11:16 AM)Dom Wrote:  He cannot be wrong. It is always other people's fault. He has to chase and disprove that he was wrong about anything.
And in doing so, validate how wrong he is to everyone else.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post