The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: The debate
(04-10-2016 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had to stop watching it. I found them both very annoying.

'Annoying' barely characterizes it. Dodgy

I'm trying to be more lady-like.

Unsure

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 08:46 PM
(04-10-2016 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  'Annoying' barely characterizes it. Dodgy

I'm trying to be more lady-like.

Unsure

Careful, you can get a conclusion doing that. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 09:08 PM by yakherder.)
(04-10-2016 08:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  That fucking asshole Pence trotted out that disgustingly dishonest strawman of 'partial-birth abortion'.

Late-term abortions are never done electively - it is only done for medical necessity.

FUCK YOU, PENCE. Angry

If that meteor comes along and he's got his head stuck up his ass does that count as a partial birth abortion?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
05-10-2016, 06:09 AM
You know what this reminded me of? Old TV courtroom lawyers. They are not supposed to mention certain things (here totally unrelated scandalous stuff) and they manage to sneak it all in anyway (taxes, servers, insults to women and Mexicans, deplorable baskets...) so the jury heard it anyway.

I was actually surprised that some sparks flew, I was expecting to be falling asleep during that debate.

Not my circus, but unfortunately my monkeys....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-10-2016, 07:23 AM
I decided helping my daughter with her homework was more important than watching the two clowns. So I only caught a little toward the end. What is it with debates lately that no one seems to respect the rules? Dodgy They need to give the moderators an air horn so, when a candidate refuses to shut up when their time is up, they can blast the horn so no one can hear what they are trying to add.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
05-10-2016, 07:36 AM
(05-10-2016 07:23 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I decided helping my daughter with her homework was more important than watching the two clowns. So I only caught a little toward the end. What is it with debates lately that no one seems to respect the rules? Dodgy They need to give the moderators an air horn so, when a candidate refuses to shut up when their time is up, they can blast the horn so no one can hear what they are trying to add.

Too noisy. Strap a couple of those dog shock collars on their necks and give the moderator the remote control.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-10-2016, 08:26 AM
(04-10-2016 08:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  That fucking asshole Pence trotted out that disgustingly dishonest strawman of 'partial-birth abortion'.

Late-term abortions are never done electively - it is only done for medical necessity.

FUCK YOU, PENCE. Angry

I tuned in twice ... trying to watch. I found them both SO annoying I lasted about 30 seconds each time. I found it hilarious that Pence, (who has said if a pregnant woman with an OB problem goes to a hospital, they should let her DIE, rather than end her pregnancy) could not / did not even try to justify things Trump has said, and indeed seemed to be unaware, (or tried to say he was) of the things Trump has said. He's just a liar, (or totally out of it). But as Chas has pointed out, his question about late term abortion is the USUAL crap you get from the religious nut wing. Late term abortions are "permitted" (not "supported"), to save the life of a mother. The Dems do not "support" late term abortions. As usual the nuances are beyond the scope of these Jesus Freaks. Pence keeps saying how important his faith is to him. We're not hiring a fucking minister here. I DON"T give a crap about his faith.

The thing is, Trump is a one-man show. Pence's position and input in a Trump White House would be marginal to nil. I almost wish I could see that train wreck happen. I think what we saw is Pence positioning his unknown name for a 2020 run. No sane person would want to work with Mr. You're Fired.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-10-2016, 08:33 AM
A video compilation showing all of the statements Pence denied being countered by...well, video confirming them. Rolleyes

"All The Things Mike Pence Said Trump Didn’t Say, He Did”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike...n=politics

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-10-2016, 08:47 AM
(05-10-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  A video compilation showing all of the statements Pence denied being countered by...well, video confirming them. Rolleyes

"All The Things Mike Pence Said Trump Didn’t Say, He Did”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike...n=politics

A lot of those are completely out of context, most notable is the Obama/Putin comparison.

Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-10-2016, 08:58 AM
(05-10-2016 08:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

Please tell me by what criteria we judge if one leader is better than another, if not by their leadership? Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post