The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 09:04 AM
RE: The debate
(05-10-2016 08:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

Please tell me by what criteria we judge if one leader is better than another, if not by their leadership? Rolleyes

By the quality of their memes. By that standard. Putin rides bears and shit like that. What more do we really need to know?

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
05-10-2016, 09:21 AM
(05-10-2016 08:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  A video compilation showing all of the statements Pence denied being countered by...well, video confirming them. Rolleyes

"All The Things Mike Pence Said Trump Didn’t Say, He Did”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike...n=politics

A lot of those are completely out of context, most notable is the Obama/Putin comparison.

Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

Effectively it is. That Trump has any respect or admiration for a thug like Putin is disgusting.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Ok, I didn't watch this little playground tiff - I was busy driving through tornados & shit. Dodgy

Don't know enough about the other borish wanker, yet... but, what I know about the Pense guy is enough.

Pense signed a bill which would require women to hold funerals for their miscarriages.

Where do all these disconnected-from-reality fuckers come from!?! Did they read the same boo ... Undecided oh.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
05-10-2016, 09:32 AM
I don't know if I can adequately explain all the fucked up, dark humoured responses I could make which just jumped into my head in regards to the miscarriage funeral thing, but trust me they're there.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
05-10-2016, 09:49 AM
My son used to be on the debate team in high school. He remarked that no one actually understands how to debate, they just know how to argue.

He said his forensic teacher said then 100% of what you see on the cable news networks has ruined the idea of debate, and degraded it into shouting matches, coupled with zingers (mostly ad Homs) that can easily be turned into sound bites or memes.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Those that actually do know how to debate also know that whether or not someone is right has little relevance in regards to whether or not they win the debate.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
05-10-2016, 10:22 AM
(05-10-2016 10:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Those that actually do know how to debate also know that whether or not someone is right has little relevance in regards to whether or not they win the debate.

True, in a real debate, topic drift is a killer.

I think, honestly, what they should do is have the opposing voice sit down, when it's not their turn to speak.

If they're just going to run off the mouth, the moderator loses control and should probably just leave the stage. I'd love to see a moderator just say "fuck this" and walk out.

I seriously doubt I'll bother watching any of the other debates.

05-10-2016, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 10:57 AM by Grasshopper.)
(01-10-2016 12:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 01:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This is not my argument, but I'm going to jump in here with some numbers. I really don't know what elementary and high school education costs, but post-high school costs in the US are ridiculous. If I wanted to go back to school and finish up my degree, the obvious choice would be the University of Wisconsin, since the campus is only about 6 miles from my home here in Madison, WI -- so no room and board expense for me. But the tuition alone is over $10,000 per year, and if you want to live on campus, you can add another $10,000. Total estimated cost per year (including books and miscellaneous fees) for an in-state student is about $25,000 per year. Out-of-state students pay substantially more. Note: this is not some fancy private school -- it's a public college.

I honestly don't know what Clinton has to do with any of that, though. She's not responsible for the cost of college, and I'm not aware that she's going to do anything to increase that cost. Nor do I think Trump would do anything to decrease it. Bernie Sanders promised to decrease it, but I'm quite skeptical about how he expected to finance that. I like Bernie, and a lot of his proposals sound good, but the math doesn't seem to add up.

Short version: (1) In the US, a college education is horrendously expensive. (2) That's not Hillary Clinton's fault.

All of you kind of missed BnW's point. I read it as the high cost of tuition along with the increased taxes he would pay under her tax plan as his issue.

How many of you had a job when Bill Clinton was president? I remember 1/3 of my check going to taxes. I have no desire to go back to that.

Younger workers that have only experienced the Bush/Obama era tax cuts are going to be in for a surpise when an extra 10% of their paycheck is gone.

I've been steadily employed and paying taxes since the 1970s, and I don't ever remember any sudden changes in how much tax I paid when a different president took office. The president does not have the power to radically increase (or decrease) taxes all by him/herself. That requires the cooperation of Congress, and she won't get that unless both houses go Democratic (and I don't see that happening). Clinton may or may not want to raise taxes, but she doesn't have the power to make that happen all by herself.
05-10-2016, 11:11 AM
(05-10-2016 09:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't know if I can adequately explain all the fucked up, dark humoured responses I could make which just jumped into my head in regards to the miscarriage funeral thing, but trust me they're there.

Take the miscarriage pulp, put it on a wooden ship, then set it ablaze on the river. Slaughter livestock and one human servant to make the journey with the, uh... child.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-10-2016, 11:22 AM
(05-10-2016 11:11 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 09:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't know if I can adequately explain all the fucked up, dark humoured responses I could make which just jumped into my head in regards to the miscarriage funeral thing, but trust me they're there.

Take the miscarriage pulp, put it on a wooden ship, then set it ablaze on the river. Slaughter livestock and one human servant to make the journey with the, uh... child.

"That sounds completely reasonable. What is wrong with people?!" I replied somewhat sarcastically but with a harsh sardonic edge.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post